28 Nov 2016 .x

It had been the end of the final semester of the year and the word joyous did not begin to explain the excitement that floated in the air that day. The academic year had been one for the books for the group of friends, not entirely in a good way. It had been mostly bumpy but it had also been a learning curve in more ways than one.

Dineo, Mariska and Preshani had been getting ready for the night's festivities at the loft they'd shared. "I like the red one on you", Dineo had said to Mariska. The red lipstick complemented her fair skin and made her green eyes pop. She looked beautiful. "Do you not think it's too much? You know... for the occasion", she asked putting on the bright red substance. Dineo shrugged ignoring her friend. Every occasion is a good occasion to look good. Preshani had on black jeans and a burgundy low cut bodysuit. Her long, full dark hair was cascading down her back. She looked breathtaking.

The girls were soon on their way after what felt like forever of getting ready. They pulled up to a familiar driveway of a mansion that belonged to one of their friends. Getting out the car they were greeted by a tall dark figure. Tyrone looked handsome as always. His eyes landed on Mariska and the other girls looked at each other knowingly.

Even though you would never hear them openly admit it, the pair had a thing for each other. "Is everyone here?" Preshani had asked looking to escape the situation they were currently in. "Bongi and Ramsey should be on their way. Nathan, Connor, Mike, Ashley and Siya are inside." Tyrone said, eyes not once leaving that of Mariska's.

The two friends started towards the big mahogany door leaving the pair behind them to figure their lives out. Once inside they were greeted by Mike. His full 6.2 effortlessly taking out what looked like turning tables from their fancy black case, his arms practically begging to be let go by the black long sleeved shirt that must have been too small for his frame. His dirty blonde damp hair was gracing his head every which way. A slight kick had barely succeeded in bringing Preshani back from her daze. "uh, hi Mike", Dineo had said embarrassed to even look at the man in front of them who was clearly entertained by her friend's solo stare fest. She knew her friend really liked the man but could she at least be subtle about it and refrain from practically drooling all over him? "What's going on ladies?", he had asked, "nothing interesting, I guess you'll be gracing our ears today?," she heard herself ask, finally letting out a breath she held on for too long. Preshani mentally kicked herself after her words registered to her, why would she say something so stupid? . "I mean I don't know about your ears but meet me later and I'll be happy to grace something else", he had been having too much fun. If the wink didn't give away what he meant, the smirk almost reaching his eye sure did. Preshani could feel her face heat up while Dineo mentally rolled her eyes. She loved her friends but could they possibly be more predictable?

Maybe the feeling had been a bit of jealousy since the boy she liked considered her a friend. She had been determined to change that but hadn't been making much progress. She had always been very popular and likable so nobody would have guessed that she struggled when it came to boys. But hadn't that been the problem to begin with? People always assuming based on the impression they got. Oh how she wished Siya would notice her how she noticed him.

The beautiful dark skinned boy had been chatting away with Ashley, they were working on snacks for the evening. Dineo could feel the rising bile in her throat at the sight of the man of her dreams smiling and looking like he was having the most interesting conversation with the girl beside him. Ashley looked dashing as always, the little black dress she was wearing was hugging her body so perfectly, she could be wearing a trash bag and still be the most beautiful girl in the room. Dineo hated to admit it but she was really pretty. The fact that she was sweet too did not make the situation better for her. As if feeling her stare Ashley turned then smiled when she noticed the girl looking at her, she then waved her over to which Dineo grunted. That was the last thing she needed.

The Chronicles of Life. (Complete)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें