Broken.

Tyrone had been on his way back home from the ice cream parlor when his mind drifted to the house party. The evening hadn't started the best of ways but it surprisingly got better. He owed it to a certain black beauty.

He had always found the girl beautiful but after having a very long talk with her he realized there was more to her than what met the eye. She was really smart. Charming too.

He found himself thinking about the short kiss they shared by the beach. They had been holding hands and walking on the sand barefoot. They were talking about what had made them choose law and they realized they shared something, their passion for it.

Tyrone had been thinking about how he usually didn't really get to know girls. He usually just took them to bed after a few flirts. This was different. She was different, how did he never see that? He had been so invested in Mariska that he almost missed on this incredible beauty in front of him.
He hadn't realized he drifted off when the girl started waving her small hand "Hello! earth to Tyrone!", she had said. Without thinking Tyrone brought his face closer to the girl and kissed her.

He hadn't realized he had gotten home when his dad knocked on the car window. He jumped slightly then chuckled at himself.

"Mariska?", his dad knew all about the girl that used to occupy his mind. That wasn't the case anymore. "No dad", the smaller boy said as he got out of the car. He had thought about visiting the girl but his dad had called him earlier wanting to use the car.

Getting inside the house he greeted his mom with a kiss on the cheek then went into his room.

Unlike most of his friends Tyrone hadn't come from the best circumstances. Growing up in the rough Cape Flats, his parents wanted him to have a different future. They had practically sold their souls to send him to one of the best schools in the country. He was thankful. He had worked really hard to get a bursary so his parents wouldn't have to stress anymore.

He didn't have his own car, nor did his house have a pool but he was thankful for a lot of things in his life.

He plopped himself on the bed and decided to call the girl that had been occupying his mind.

Ntombi had been playing board games with her cousins who had come to visit from KZN. She always loved having them around, they grounded her. She had told them all about the boy that had her weak in the knees. She had expressed to them her concerns of her dad finding out he lived in the cape flats. Her dad wasn't one to dictate who she should or shouldn't be with, he always just wanted his daughter to be happy but she was concerned that this would be different.

Cape Flats was known not just as the most dangerous place in the country but one of the most dangerous in the world. When you came from there people judged you, they looked at you different. Ntombi didn't think it was fair that people were being treated different because of where they came from. She always thought when people expected the worst from something that's usually what they got and that had been the case with the Cape Flats.

Ntombi's upbringing had been completely different. Her dad being one of the best lawyers in the country, she practically had everything she ever wanted. She had the best relationship with both her parents and her life had mostly been smooth sailing since she was born. She however had a deep sense of sympathy for those who didn't have much and that is why she had wanted to become a lawyer. People always thought she chose law because of her dad but that wasn't it. She wanted to be able to help and stand up for those who couldn't stand up for themselves.

That had been one of the things she had spoken to Tyrone about. He was in awe.

She smiled when she saw the boy's name pop up on her screen. Her cousins looked at her knowingly as she took her phone and went to lock herself in her room.

The evening had been slowly creeping in as Nathan was doing his upmteenth lap in his gigantic indoor pool. He had picked up the habit after the horrific tragedy his family had suffered three years ago. It helped him think, or maybe not think? Somewhere in between. It calmed him.

Finally leaving the pool he entered his gigantic - empty living room and threw himself on the couch. He flipped through the tv and settled for a music channel. Picking up his phone he scrolled through the long list of girls' numbers. He needed a distraction.

He put his phone in his pocket as he thought against it. What he needed was alcohol. He opened his dad's cellar and went for the most expensive bottle of vodka. On a normal day his dad would've killed him, but things had long stopped being normal. Opening the bottle he opted against using a glass and went for his first gulp. The vile substance made him cringe but not enough to stop.

He drank half the bottle when his vision started getting blurry.

He took out his phone and dialed the first person he thought of.

•••••••

Please Follow, Vote and Comment ❤️