What the fuck did you do to her?

The second year of medical school had promised to be more hands on with clinical examinations and practicals as opposed to just theoretical work. Preshani and Dineo had been really excited to start the curriculum that they'd been one of the first students to show up at their first lecture that morning.

They'd been in a lab where their professor was introducing someone he came with to class. He'd been talking about the person's background and how he came about being in that field, but all Dineo could seem to focus on was the stranger's beautiful round lips.

She noticed he had a neck tattoo that he failed to hide completely. His very chiseled frame against his blue scrubs only confirmed that he spent a lot of time at the gym. He was a bit lighter skinned than she usually liked them but damn.

The girl froze when his eyes met hers for what must have been a mili second then averted them to the lecturer.

He had a pair of light green eyes that looked so... familiar. She'd definitely seen those eyes before.

"He migrated from Ethiopia a few years ago to further his studies in Obstetrics and Gynecology.  He'll be joining us on as many classes as he can. Everyone, please give a warm welcome to Dr Michael Tesfaye", the lecturer announced as the students clapped.

"Shit", Dineo whispered then grunted when Preshani shoved her arm to shut her up.

Ethiopian Michael! She could not believe it.

If it hadn't been for the eyes she would've completely missed him. He looked like a whole different person. It felt like catfish except it was the other way around. Like if a person used pictures of a random, less attractive person than they were.

He was a lot darker on his pictures but it must have been the phone's poor quality camera from whatever year the photos were taken as he was definitely a lot older in person. Maybe about 10 years older.

A few days after Dineo had swiped right on the boy they'd gotten a match. She had almost given up on tinder when the notification came through.

The group had been back in Sun City and she'd spent almost the whole day talking to him, she was the happiest she'd been in a while that day. She woke up the morning after and he wasn't on the app anymore. He had unmatched her. 

The disappointment had hurt to the gut but she'd had to remind herself that it was just a part of growing up. The pain would make her stronger.

The last thing she'd expected was for him to be her lecturer.

The old Dineo would've obsessed over him. Tried to figure out why he was using teenage pictures of himself on his tinder profile. But Dineo 2.0 didn't care, Dineo 2.0 was going to nail her second year of medical school without any distractions. So even when he'd finally recognized her and would barely take his eyes off her she didn't care. She went about her notes as she listened to the lecture.

Later on that day the girls were getting ready to meet up with Bongi as she'd texted them earlier that day. She wanted to have a Girl's Night Out. That had been strange to say the least because even though they were friends with her, Bongi never participated in anything that only included girls. Unless if she was interested in one of them.

"Oh but Dr Tesfaye though", Preshani had commented as the friends had random conversations about nothing in particular.

They were sitting and having drinks at Fiction, a popular student night club in Long Street.

"Who's Dr  Tesfaye?", Bongi had asked taking a sip of the mimosa they'd ordered for her then immediately cringed at the sweetness.

"He's a part time assisting lecturer in our OB/GYN class and he's got the girls going crazy", Preshani answered looking straight at Dineo as the other girls chuckled at her stupidity. "Oh, that's what's got you so mad today. You like someone who everyone else likes", Mariska joked earning an eye roll from Dineo.

The last thing she wanted was her friends finding out she had a thing with her lecturer. Did it even qualify to be called a thing? All they did was talk for half a day. Either way, she didn't want anyone finding out so she chose to stay quiet.

"So let's cut the crap. We love you Bongs but what is this about?", Mariska asked Bongi referring to her asking them to meet up. "Can't I just want to hang out with my girls and not need a reason?", Bongi asked shrugging off her question. "Bullshit", Mariska stated. She knew her friend well and there was  definitely something wrong.

"I had a fight with Ramsey", she said choosing to tell the truth because she knew Mariska would not let it go. "It was actually about you", Bongi had continued. "I hate how they're all making Ty a victim. Like you're the only one who was wrong", she said as the table fell silent.

The girls hadn't spoken about what had gone down at the resort since it happened. Preshani and Dineo wanted to wait for her to be ready to talk to them about it so they never said anything.

Mariska knew that a lot of people were upset with her but finding out that even Ramsey, probably the sweetest person in the group was also mad at her made her really sad.

Her mood completely changed as a cloud sat on top of her head. The group had been divided into two and they were fighting because of her. She was a monster!

"You guys don't have to do this. This is all my fault and you should all hate me!", she barely managed to say as she hyperventilated.

She felt the walls closing in so she decided to make a beeline for the door but ran onto a hard surface instead.

She stayed laying on the floor as it was more welcoming and ignored the tears streaming down her face.

"OMG Riska! Are you okay?", Preshani asked as she ran to help her friend with Dineo and Bongi trailing behind her.

"What the fuck did you do to her?!!", Dineo screamed staring daggers at her old friends.

"Nothing. She just ran into him", Nathan answered pointing at Tyrone.

Dineo felt so much rage building up inside at the boy's response. She was tired of everyone blaming Mariska for everything. She was not going to let them bully her friend anymore. It was their fault she was having an anxiety attack.

So the girl did what she never thought she'd ever do. She slapped Nathan so hard that the whole club turned their heads to the pair.