When you're ready.

Preshani woke up after the wild night she'd had with her friends. She removed herself from the bed quickly wanting to run to the bathroom to excrete the contents in her stomach. She carefully shifted so as to not wake up the boy who'd still been sound asleep next to her.

She barely made it to the toilet before she threw up a bit on the floor. She chuckled at herself as that had happened too many times.

She then wiped the floor, brushed her teeth, went back into the bedroom to put on a shirt and made her way to the kitchen to get a remedy for her headache.

She looked around before settling for a coke she'd found in the fridge. She'd been in the house a lot of times but she still didn't know where a lot of things were.

She then prepared something to eat for two then made her way back upstairs to wake the boy up.

It was twelve pm in the afternoon and they were still sleeping. He'd be mad if she didn't wake him up she'd thought.

She placed the food on the bedside table and sat on the bed to start bouncing up and down in hopes he'd wake up and he did.

"What now?!" The boy had asked annoyingly in his morning groggy voice the girl had grown to love. "It's 12 pm," she said simply but he just took a pillow beside him to put it on his head as he lay back down on the bed.

He hadn't gone out drinking in a while and his body was reacting to that.

"Yea but isn't it sunday?" He'd asked sounding muffled from the pillow he still had on his head, he then went right back to sleep not bothering to wait for the girl to reply.

'Ok then', Preshani had thought as she took a bacon from her plate then went back into the bathroom to take a shower this time. She knew he'll still scold her for not waking him up but she'd decided she was going to give him a piece of her mind when he did.

She let her mind wander as the warm water traveled down her body.

Her best friend had finally gotten out of the hospital after spending so much time in a coma and they'd been partying every weekend since. Just the two of them.

She'd missed her a lot and the couple of weeks she'd been back had been the best she'd had in a while.

The group had joined the two girls the first time they'd gone out but they'd been too occupied with their adult lives and responsibilities to join them the other times. Dineo's waking up from the coma had woken her up in more ways than one. She'd become a completely different person, almost dying will do that to you. All the girl wanted to do was live her life as if there was no tomorrow as tomorrow was never promised and Preshani had been more than happy to be by her side as she did that.

So every weekend you'd find them somewhere in the streets partying as if the world was ending. They were both still students unlike the rest of the friends, as medical school required a lot more years and so their lives allowed them to be reckless. And reckless they were.

They didn't have jobs that required their nine to five attention, and they were still in their early twenties so it wasn't like a midlife crisis kind of issues. They were just two young girls enjoying themselves while they were still young.

It hadn't been much of a change for Preshani as that had been how she'd been living lately. She'd barely had a weekend where she didn't go out even before the girl woke up.

Her upbringing had been completely different from the rest of the group's. While everyone went out partying back in high school, she'd been at home sleeping as her parents did not allow that kind of behavior. Because of that, she'd felt she'd missed out on a lot and hence her wanting to enjoy her youth then.

Her other friends had been well over that life and now preferred to just relax as opposed to partying. It had been frustrating not having people to go out with all those months, that was why she couldn't be happier that she now had someone to get drunk and stay out late with.

Last night the whole crew had decided to come with them and they'd stayed up all night partying for all time's sake.

Mariska was there too and things were still a bit awkward with them. Preshani was at a point where she didn't care anymore, Mariska could do whatever she wanted, she was a grown up. She'd noticed the girl would always sit far from Bruno every time they would get together but she didn't miss how they'd look at each other every now and then. Everyone had noticed.

They clearly had been hiding whatever it is they were doing and it was sickening. Couldn't she just keep her legs closed for once in her life? She'd already divided the group enough with her Tyrone situation.

She'd never blamed her for that, she was always on her side when everyone wasn't. But when she went for her first love, the girl then just knew that must have been the kind of person she was. One who gave no regard to anyone else's feelings but her own. Sure she still didn't have feelings for Bruno but that wasn't the point, it was the principal. As a friend, she could've thought to mention it but she didn't. So Preshani had decided she wanted nothing to do with her.

When they'd all gone home the evening before after their night's festivities, she'd of course ended up leaving with Mike. The girl was used to going to his place some nights when she didn't want to be alone. It was nothing serious though, she loved having him there for when she needed a good release, despite his disapproval.

Mike was now the complete opposite of who he'd used to be back in varsity. It was like they'd switched places. He was working a nine to five and had responsibilities like the others. He was also tired of messing around with different women and wanted to settle down. But only with one woman whom his heart desperately craved for.

He understood the girl had been going through a phase. They'd all been through that so he'd been very patient with her. Soon enough she was going to realize how much he loved her and they would then live happily ever after.

Until then he'd settle with just being her lover whenever she wanted one.

The girl finally finished up in the shower. She then went back into the bedroom to put another one of the boy's clean shirts on and joined him again in bed.

The Chronicles of Life. (Complete)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara