Chronicles.

Hospital beds and tragedies were becoming too familiar to the group of friends.

It was like as soon as things were going great with them and they were finally happy again, something would happen and they'd find themselves picking up the broken pieces.

As they'd all rushed to the hospital individually, they'd wondered what it was that time. What is it an accident? A suicide? Cancer?

When was it ever going to end?

Preshani rushed into the emergency room to find almost all her friends seated with facial expressions that matched hers.

What was going on?

She then joined them in sitting as they all waited to hear something, anything.

"Hi, sorry mam. We were called in but we have no clue what's happening. Can you give us some sort of information?" Mike had asked for the umpteenth time that evening but was met with the same answer,

"The doctor should be out soon to explain."

All they knew was that something devastating had happened. They had no idea what and to whom. But they could guess it had to be one of the three friends that weren't waiting with them in the emergency room.

They'd held on to each other's hands and prayed it wasn't another death. They prayed that whatever it was, it was all going to be ok in the end. They were tired of bad news.

Nathan walked in and was immediately embraced with a hug by his wife and he'd welcomed it. The girl had gotten there before him and she could see his mind had been racing. He'd been working late that evening but he'd also been trying to avoid the girl that whole day in all honesty. He'd been planning on how he was going to break the news to her that he'd been in love with someone else. But as soon as he'd heard something had happened to one of his friends, he'd stopped everything. It all could wait. He ignored his heart breaking a little at the sight of the woman of his dreams seeking warmth from someone else when he wanted more than anything to hold her and make sure she was ok. He reminded himself that she was going to be his soon enough as he let his wife kiss him passionately. They'd then had a seat next to each other after he'd said hello to everyone.

Mike held on to an emotional Preshani and Dineo had been cuddling up to Siya. Holding him like he would disappear.

She'd thought a lot about what she wanted but was still not sure. All she knew was the boy's arms felt very comfortable in that moment that she didn't want him to let go.

She'd smiled at Nathan when he'd walked in that evening as she hadn't seen him in forever but the boy barely even looked at her. She still didn't understand why he wasn't speaking nor acknowledging her but she'd decided then she wasn't going to worry herself about it again. If he had a problem, he would come directly to her, but until then she was not going to let it bother her anymore.

Soon Mariska's and Tyrone's families showed up to join everyone in the emergency room. Bruno didn't have family in the country but they'd all been made aware. There'd then been so many people in the waiting room that there was hardly space left but they'd shifted as much as they could to make space on the couches.

After a while, Ashley walked in with way too many Mc Donald's bags that she'd asked one of the people who'd been working there to help her carry. They all hadn't realized how hungry they were until they saw her and they'd gone to help themselves as soon as they could.

The girl had been communicating with Siya that evening and she'd thought to buy everyone something to eat as they were seemingly going to be there for a while.

It was soon midnight and they'd sat now conversing and laughing with one another. It seemed they needed to be comfortable as they were not going to leave anytime soon.