Fearless ones

Tyrone didn't take much liking to Bruno unlike everyone. He felt there was something off about him when he'd met him the day of the funeral. He knew the group had known him from back in the day but people change. He was excited to meet up with the boys later that day but he wasn't very happy knowing he was going to be there too.

He got into his new Porsche Panamera to make a few contraband deliveries.

The boy might have fallen on the wrong path but he was flourishing. He'd created a lot of wealth for himself but it was as a result of importing illegal guns in the country and selling them.

Even though he didn't end up graduating, he'd benefited a lot from his law studies and used reverse psychology to trick the system.

He'd been caught a few times and been arrested but he had a lot of money and people with a lot of money don't stay long in jail.

Later that day he made his way into the bar where he was meeting up with the boys. They'd all joyously greeted him and complemented his new look.

When Siya found out that his wife was going to meet up with the girls, he'd reached out to the boys to do the same. After all, they'd promised to right their wrongs so they needed to start somewhere.

"Yo man, I missed this", Mike had said as they continued on with banter. He wasn't originally a member of the group but he'd created so many memories with them that they considered him one of them.

"Yea man, it's been too long." Ramsey said as he took a swing of his whiskey. "How's parenting Siya?" Nathan asked as they went along chatting. "I mean we're barely sleeping and sex is pretty much nonexistent right now but hey, babies are the future right?", he'd joked earning a lot of laughter from his friends.

"I don't know if I ever wanna get married man, that really sounds like a trap", Tyrone said as they continued laughing. "Yea I'll just keep my freedom thanks", said Ramsey.

Nathan looked at his friends after his own session of laughter. He wondered if he should tell them that he was proposing. In all honesty he didn't want to get married and he was pretty sure they'd talk him out of it. His friends were good with that.

He'd made up his mind though. He'd planned to do it in the few weeks to come. He was going to make it a whole thing with her family there and everything.

"Well I guess this is the perfect time to tell you I'm proposing", he'd chosen to say but they'd just laughed harder. He knew they wouldn't believe him but he was happy that he said it, that way it won't be like he kept it from them.

"Someone needs to stop Dineo from basically hanging herself, that asshole looks sketchy", Bruno said as the laughter died down a bit.

"Yea man, what's the deal with that? The man just looked angry for no reason", Mike said. "And wasn't he like sleeping with the whole varsity or something while he was with her?" The boys kept talking about Dineo but all Nathan was trying to do was block it out.

He'd always meddled in the girl's business but he didn't want to do that anymore. Every time he saved her his relationship would suffer. He didn't like how sad she looked but she was old enough to get herself out of the situation.

"Nathan!" He didn't realize he'd zoned out in thought. "So... have you checked on her?" He wasn't surprised by that question, he was just annoyed by it.

"I'm not her keeper", he'd chosen to say sternly, surprising the group.

They'd then chose to ignore that as they started talking about something else. Clearly that was a touchy subject.

"So Bruno, why'd you come back?" Tyrone had asked the boy a while into their meet up. Tyrone was always known as a straight talker so the other boys weren't surprised by his tone but Bruno didn't appreciate it.

He knew the boy didn't like him from the first day he met him. He figured it must have been because of Mariska, the girl had told him they had a thing.

"Well this is my home. I don't really need a reason to come back now do I?" He'd replied returning his cold stare. "I mean it's kind of out of nowhere. Why now?"

Bruno was getting irritated but he reminded himself to keep his cool. "I mean I could give you a whole list of reasons but my childhood friend dying is reason enough, wouldn't you say?" Bruno had dealt with people like Tyrone before. Bullies. All he wanted was to get a reaction out of him, but he wasn't going to give him the satisfaction.

"South Africa looks so much different by the way. Mariska's been taking me on these tours lately and I've gotta say. Wow." Bruno knew he got to him because his face basically turned red. He smirked at that.

Tyrone wasn't a fan of the boy before but now he'd decided he'd made his list of enemies. The situation with Mariska was complicated yes but that wasn't why his face turned red. He got angry because this boy who didn't know anything about them felt the need to mention the girl as a weapon. Did he not know who he was? He could just send a short text and the boy would have his life taken by a freak accident on his way home. He'd done worse.

"Oh yea, South Africa has certainly evolved through the years", Tyrone finally respond after mentally calming himself. He'd decided to keep him around just for a bit. For entertainment.

"Welcome back to Africa Bruno", Tyrone now said raising his glass to toast. The other boys mimicked him as they cheered to officially welcome the boy back.

Bruno looked back at Tyrone with the same hateful eyes he was giving. He could tell he thought he was all that. He could tell he was used to people fearing him but he wasn't one to play with. He didn't know who he was, if he did he'd be very afraid.