Chapter 26

When Love Grows (26)

Here I am walking back to my room, just got ignored again. Fudge, so ano? Ganito kami ni Lola ng isang taon? She's really firm to treat me like a total ghost. Things has been so much different. It wasn't like how things were before. Hindi niya na ako pinapatulong sa garden. Kapag nag c-cross stitch naman sa room niya ginagawa unlike before we stitch in the veranda or could be in the sala. Sometimes, it really felt unusual eating with her, already. I couldn't look at her face and I was looking at my plate the whole time eating. But she didn't fail to remind me to eat, basta kapag ganun na ibig sabihin kakain na at hindi siya sasabay.

I feel like I am back in my old routine with Mama and Papa. Lagi nalang akong nanunuod to kill the time. I still do cross stitch for fitful minutes. Nagpapaalam rin naman ako kay Lola na pupunta ako sa likod para sa paso pero sabi niya wag ko raw sayangin 'yung clay, which wasn't actually an excuse to issue to restrain me before, like I could literally waste the clay if I would do so. Ayaw na talaga akong palabasin.

"Who's my teacher on this?" I was looking at my records and remembering the former subject teachers who have given me line of eight. "Was it Calaunan?"

May narinig akong nabasag. It sounded tiny because I was up here in my room. I put down my card and walked downstairs to check what was it. Nagmamadali akong bumaba. There wasn't any broken thing in the living room pero paglingon ko sa kusina. My hands automatically covered my mouth from shock. It made me slowly walked because I was so scared at the sight. My eyes were roaming to my Lola who was unconscious and lying down on the ground while the stove was on fire. I conclude she dropped the bowl she was holding!

"La..." My hands were shaking when I switched off the stove. I tried waking her up her but she wasn't responding. No...no...she's not dead! Umiiyak na ako. I just cant bear the sight. I was panicking and I'm so close to losing my sanity or I had lost it already the moment I saw her. Bakit wala siyang malay? Nadulas ba siya? Nabagok? Ano?!

"Lola!" I stood up getting hysteria. I just can't let myself feel scared as time was running and I'm definitely wasting it of crying and shaking her hoping that would bring back her consciousness. I needed to do something. I didn't know what consequence awaits if she isn't send to the hospital as soon as possible.

I never ran like this before. I never ran this fast before. Tears streaming and my knees we're trembling. I reminded myself that I need to run faster and stable at the same time, stumbling would only lessen the time I have. Kailangan kong makahingi ng tulong. And I was silently praying that Miguel was home.

Halos itulak ko ang kahoy na blockade sa pagmamadali when I saw the door was open. Pumasok na ako agad sa bahay.

"Miguel! Please si Lola...I found her unconscious..." He was working, I know. He was doing something may mga rulers sa table.

"Wag kang aalis dito." He didn't let me finish. His move was in a rush out of the house. I followed him I thought he was going back to the house pero hindi. He rode the motorcycle at pumunta sa ibang daan hindi sa daan papunta sa bahay. I was wondering where was he heading to.

"Ate Prechut?" Maya was looking at me and she wonder why was I crying. She was on her pajama at sinundan ako palabas. Hurry, please be back faster. It was like a chant on my head

Miguel was back. But this time, he was driving a pickup. Lumabas 'yung Mama ni Pocholo sa passenger seat at pinasakay ako agad doon at nagpaiwan sa bahay ni Miguel para bantayan si Maya. He drove back to our house. He hurriedly went inside and carried Lola. I opened the back seat and he managed to get Lola there. Tumabi ako kay Lola. He drove immediately hanggang sa makarating na kami sa hospital.

- - -

We decided to admit Lola to the nearest hospital. Miguel had called one of the nurse for assistance transferring her to a cubicle. The staff was asking her history. If she had medications or currently having her medications. He mentioned if I had noticed some manifestations of symptoms he had told me and I freaking know nothing I could tell him!