Chapter 39

When Love Grows (39)

"It doesn't smell bad," Inamoy ulit ni Marj 'yung wings.

"It does," halos maluha-luha ako sa amoy.

"Ang bango nga, oh!" Ashley took a bite on the wing she got from my plate. "Juicy and tasty. Try it."

I covered my nose from the wing she was waving on my face. "Kayo nalang. Ayoko talaga." I couldn't help but to feel irritated while looking at them enjoying the bad smelled wings.

"Wings celebration for finals end. You're missing it, Precious."

"Nag agree ka rin kay Bart kanina. Akin na nga 'yang sa'yo."

"Kagat ka lang. Baka magsisi ka kapag hindi mo kinagat."

"No, it smell awful. Ayoko siya. Kayo nalang."

"You had tried eating one before, right?" Bart asked.

"Yeah, noon sa Manila."

"What's wrong with your nose?" Jing said. "Time to change a nose."

"You have the same nose with my elder sister," Renesi said.

"Oo nga, no! So how does baby look like? Kailan pa nanganak?" Marj was excitedly asking Renesi habang nilalantakan ang extra hot spicy wings. I swear! I wanted to puke just by looking at her.

"Iyong ilong kay Kuya Ariel, the lips and the reproductive system kay Ate," muntikan na maibuga ni Ashley 'yung kinakain niya.

"How 'bout the eyes?" Mack asked.

"How would I know? Chinky pa 'yung mata parang nahihirapan pang magmulat kaya ewan ko, Mack."

Thank, God. They were fast eaters. Hindi naman halata na the finals exam made them hungry to leave a plain bone wings on their plate.

"Precious, pasama ako. Bili tayong gamot sa tapat. May drugstore namang malapit."

"Yeah, sure." I stood up and waited for Renesi to peel off the plastic gloves out of her hand. "Tara." I clung my right arm to hers.

We crossed on the pedestrian and went to the drugstore. There were different restaurant restaurants outside. There was a korean store just beside the mini stop. Maraming kainan na lugar side by side the road.

We went inside the drug store."Ascorbic po. Capsuled Ate." Inililibot ko ang mata ko. I was looking at the body lotions and face exfoliation products na naka-hilera sa gilid.

"Do you want anything?"

I shook my head and smiled. "Wala. Okay na?"

"Hinihintay ko lang change," she smiled at me.

I saw on the cash register that aside from ascorbic acid capsules, pregnancy tests were there too. Napatingin ako kay Renesi.

"Thank you, Ate."

"Welcome po. Balik po kayo." I smiled at her too.

Sabay kaming lumabas ni Renesi. She was holding my hand. I thought we were going to cross but we didn't because I halted from her hand that stopped me before I could even stand in the lane of pedestrian.

We were beside a dental clinic. "What? You forgot something?" I asked.

She heaved. "The pregnancy kits."

"Yeah? Why?"

"Those are for you, Precious." She said like she was unsure of how would I react to what she said.

"Why mine?" medyo natawa pa ako sa seryoso niyang mukha. Na parang I was in a big trouble.

"You should get tested. Subukan mo lang," she held my hands. Her face was like pleading.