Chapter 31

When Love Grows (31)

Hindi ako pumunta sa bahay ni Miguel dahil wala naman siya doon. Niyayaya nga ako ni Miguel na sumama ngayon but I declined because I wanted to rest all day. He had told me about his plan for this week and one of those was buying some school supply for Maya, not even a week, first day of school will going to start soon and I'm two months away from august pa. Plano ko lang i-resume 'yung series na pinapanuod ko. I wouldn't woke up early if I didn't have my alarm to remind me that I needed to make sure Lola would take her meds at eight in the morning. Sabay kaming nag breakfast kanina ni Lola kinamusta naman niya 'yung lakad kahapon and I told her I had fun. I really had fun and never would I feel dull and things would never lack of bliss with him. I'm too dependent on him. Yung sobrang tiwala na ako sa decision, plan and I would even agree to his opinion with the uncertainty of mine.

Kasi I already had this built figure of rightness of him. Feeling ko hindi mali at nasa tama 'yung side niya. Kapag may mga bagay na kailangan ko ng enlightenment at guidance siya kaagad 'yung naaasahan ko.

- - -

"Lola, three na po. It's time." I gave her the glass of liquidized she needed to drink. Habang tumatagal hindi na rin nagrereklamo si Lola kapag pinapaalalahan ko siya na time para sa gamot. "La? Okay ka lang po?" I sat beside her and held her hands.

Napansin ko lang kasi she looked different. She was pale and sweating. "Apo, kuhanan mo naman ako ng...tubig," she sounded like she kind of struggled to even talk.

"Okay po. Kukuha po ako." I hurriedly went down to get a glass of water. Hindi rin naman nakalahati ni Lola 'yung tubig. She assured me there's nothing I should feel worry about, 'yan ang ipinapaalala sa akin ni Lola dahil sabi niya magpapahinga lang siya. Iniinom naman niya ang gamot niya and I definitely know that since I'm the one who's solely responsible for reminding her that one.

I've stayed in her room for a bit dahil nagkwekwentuhan kami and when she was back asleep I decided watching the series in my room too.

- - -

"Bakit ka nakasimangot?" it was her recess and Miguel was off to canteen para hindi na rin hassle dito na kami sa shade nearby her room. First day of school kasi ni Precious. Miguel had driven her to school this morning pero hindi nila ako kasama kaso mapilit si Miguel so he went back to our house to pick me up so we've also dropped by at the university to see the CAT result and thankfully I passed.

She merely shook her head habang nakahiga talaga siya and her head was on my lap. Sinigurado ko naman na maayos 'yung uniform niya habang naka-higa para hindi nakikita sa loob. Kami lang naman kasi ang tao dito. Majority of the parents and students were in the canteen. Nakikita ko rin na some stayed in their room.

"Sabi ni Kuya mo excited ka?" I was gently pinching her cheeks and there was no any sign that she was excited for today. Umiiwas nga siya sa haplos ko sa pisngi niya. "Why's this kid look unhappy?" nagtataka kong tanong at binangon siya so she could sit beside me. I made her leaned on my side while my arm were bent around her.

"Ate Prechut gusto ko na umuwi," she said. Walang gana.

"Hanggang hapon daw ang pasok mo."

"Gusto ko na umuwi Ate."

"Bakit?"

"Sakit po ngipin ko." She said while her palm was on her cheeks. Kaya pala she didn't want me touching her cheeks because of tooth ache. Sino rin ba naman kasi ang gaganahan kapag may naaramdaman kang sakit.

Kaya naman pala. "Wait here. I'll talk to your teacher," her teacher was on the desk. May cupcake at bottled juice on her table. I politely approached her teacher and told her that Maya needed to go home. Okay lang naman daw. There wouldn't be any problem at all. It's just the first day of school and some kids were not yet ready for any lesson without their guardians outside. May mga naninibago palang kasi. May mga nauna na nga raw umuwi kanina pa. Their section wasn't complete.