Thank You For Loving Him More Than I Could

Taehyung's P.O.V.

It took a lot of convincing, but after a swear on our friendship, Jimin believed what I said actually happened with Namjoon. The next day, I was invited to go roller skating with Jungkook and Jimin. To be honest, it wasn't necessarily my idea of fun, but I had nothing better to do.

I was already halfway to Jimin's house when he texted me that he'd be another half hour or so. They were coming to Jimin's house from Jungkook's. I suggested myself just meeting the couple there, but they said no. Ever since the other night, they've been trying all kinds of things. I wouldn't be surprised if the reason they'd be late was because they were going at it right now. Jimin insisted on telling me because it was "best friend code," but some things I wish he kept between himself, Jungkook, and the bedroom.

I arrived at Jimin's and figured I'd hang out with Yoongi until they arrived. I approached his room cheerfully, excited to see him again. We'd been on good terms since that one night, but then again, he never knew we were on bad ones.

"Hi Hyu- oh," I stopped myself, opening the the door to Hoseok, sitting in Yoongi's desk chair and spinning around to face me. He smiled brightly at me. "Hi Taehyung!" he exclaimed happily. And to think I was in a good mood for once. "I-I should go.. sorry for interrupting," I said, starting to head out the door. He rushed out of the chair and tugged me gently on the arm. "Wait- I um.. I actually need to talk to you," he said, bright, sunshiny smile contorting into more of a desperate, anxious expression. I sighed and looked up at him. "Listen, if you want some kind of information on your boyfriend, it's not coming from me," I said, pulling my hand away from his grasp and crossing my arms. He looked down and bit his lip. "It's not about that... he shouldn't be here for a bit. Can I just please talk to you?" he pleaded. I hesitantly agreed and walked back into Yoongi's room, my mind racing with all the possible things he could need me for.

He sat down in the chair again and I did the same on the bed across from him. "So," he started, looking up at me, "do you like Yoongi?" My eyes widened in shock at the question, quickly denying the question with a stutter. "W-what?! No! Why-" I paused and took a deep breath in, staring at the ground now, unable to lie to his face. "Why would you think that?" I questioned, looking him in the eyes again.

He sighed and ran a hand through his hair. "Taehyung.. listen, I know we're not the closest. I promise I won't say anything... but i really need to know so I can explain this to you. It's for Yoongi's own benefit. You have no reason to, but please trust me," Hoseok explained, sounding genuine. I decided to let my guard down. I know Hoseok isn't manipulative... if he was, Yoongi wouldn't be dating him. Technically, the only reason I trust Hoseok is because I trust Hyung so much.

"I do," I said, avoiding Hoseok's gaze. "Okay... well Taehyung, first know that I'm really not mad at you at all! I understand, feelings are feelings and there's nothing we can really do about them," he said with a small smile of approval. That was definitely not expected. "But, here's the the thing.. the more I try to get closer to Yoongi on an emotional level, I just feel like I'm being pushed away. I want to understand him more, but even after I told him, the connection still wasn't there. I could tell he was trying, but it wasn't natural... and then I see you guys together and just... the connection is already there. I see the way you look at him, Taehyung. You practically adore him," I blushed at the last part. Was it that obvious? "I needed to know if you liked him because I don't think it'll work out for me and Yoongi as a couple. If I didn't know there was someone who's better for him I'd keep trying, but... there's not really a point in keeping something going if there's already potential for him to be in a better relationship. It's best for the both of us," Hoseok finished, crossing his legs and looking my way, waiting for a response.

This was all so much for me to take in and process. I was happy, relieved, worried, and scared all at once. "So... so you're going to break up with Hyung? I don't think-" "Taehyung, I've already made my decision. I'm not going to waste time on a relationship that won't work out in the end, and he shouldn't have to either," he interrupted, giving me a hopeful look, wanting me to understand. I nodded.

"Thank you for talking to me about it... please try your best not to hurt him," I said, getting up from the bed. He sighed and shook his head in agreement. I headed for the door before turning at the sound of my name once again. "Thank you too Taehyung." I turned to him in confusion. "For what? Ruining your guys' relationship?" I asked, baffled that he was actually thanking me for liking his boyfriend. "No... for loving and understanding him more than I can," he explained. Oh. I apologized and nodded, heading off to Jimin's room quickly. You've outdone yourself this time, Tae.

Not long after Yoongi got home, there was clear arguing coming from his room. When I heard Hoseok leave, I went to check on him. "Hyung..." I spoke softly, opening the door. He was sitting on the floor, leaning against his bed with his face buried into his knees, sobs coming from him. My heart absolutely broke at the sight. I almost wish they would've stayed together. I'd be able to live seeing him with someone, but I wouldn't be able to live seeing him broken. I wanted to hold him in my arms and tell him it's okay.

He didn't bother looking up at me when he spoke. "Please leave, Tae," he tried to say firmly. I walked to him anyway. He shouldn't be along right now. "I said leave!" he shouted, this time looking up at me. My heart couldn't even bare seeing his puffy eyes and tear-covered cheeks. It took everything in me to turn around and leave.

I never knew how close or involved Hoseok and Yoongi were, mostly because I always avoided being around them. But, I knew it must've been serious because Yoongi seemed devastated.

I felt myself start to cry as I entered Jimin's room again. I couldn't help but feel that this was my fault, even though Hoseok said otherwise. I decided to drive home. I couldn't act happy or be in a good mood right now. Yoongi needed his own time to process the situation himself. As much as I wanted to comfort him, in a vulnerable state like his own, the simple actions could confuse his feelings. I didn't want him to catch feelings for me just because he was sad and recently broken up with. I wanted to make sure that he'd catch feelings for me because he actually liked me.

/////////

Author's Note
WE'RE ALMOST AT 1k READS AND 100 VOTES THANK YOU GUYS SFM!!!! I promise things will get better:( taegi's coming back soon guys!