🌸Juu-roku🌸

KOHARU

Wednesday (Later that day)

"Yū, can you get my kneepads? It's in my bag somewhere" I asked for a favor as I took off the black jumpsuit we managers are wearing.

"You have kneepads too?" He asked.

"Didn't I just said so?" I sarcastically replied .He just rolled his eyes at me before running to go get it.

"Haru-senpai, are you really sure about subbing in for Kinoshita-senpai?" Kei approached me, as I was tying my hair up in a ponytail.

"Well yeah, it's such a waste to stop the game now. Besides, no one's available because Narita didn't come to school today" I said as a matter of fact and proceeded to tightening the shoelaces of my shoes

"Why? Are you worried about me too, Kei?" I teased expecting him to react negatively.

"Well, yes" he answered, surprising me. "Is there something wrong about that Senpai?"

I smiled appreciating the thought. "Thanks but I can handle myself out there Kei. I have a brother who's being called as the second Little Giant right?" his eyes widened remembering the fact that I am Hoshiumi Kōrai's little sister.

"You really are one of a kind" he whispered something as he chuckled, though I didn't quite hear it.

After finishing my shoelaces I stood up to ask him, "What did you say?"

"Nandemonai desu" He replied and started walking away. Yū arrived the same time Kei turned his back.

"Oi Haru, hurry up and wear these" He urged and gave me the kneepads I asked for. "You don't need to move so much in this match Haru. I'll do all the recievings so just relax there okay?" Yu stated, clearly worried again for me.

"I refuse, I'm not as weak as you think I am Yu" and with that we got back to court. "Let's do our best minna! (everyone!)"

"Hai! (Yes!)" they all replied with excited faces. We picked up where we left off earlier, so it's Kageyama's turn to serve again.

He tossed the ball high up in the air with him running after it, and with a high jump he sent the ball flying to our side. The ball's making its way to my side and I saw Noya rushing to my place but I gave him a thumbs up. I took a quick step back and put both of my arms out front and with a loud thump, the ball bounced back up in the air perfectly.

"Nice recieve Haru-senpai!" Kei and Tadashi yelled, bringing a smile on my face. Even Noya gave me a grin with his thumbs up.

"Tadashi!" I called out to Tadashi as the ball got to him. He tossed it to a nice serve the same time Kei jumped and spiked the

ball to Kageyama's side of the court. But that wasn't the end yet, Kageyama and Hinata were able to block the ball, and as it was going to hit the ground, Yu digged it perfectly.

Making yet another chance for us to spike it. The ball went over to Kei and I ran up to the front yelling "Right!" and he gave me a comfortable set. I focused all of my strength to my legs and jumped as high as I can before smashing the ball. It hit Ennoshita but because of the spin it swerved sideways, gaining us a point.

All eyes were on me after that, "Woah!" I was caught off guard with everyone's reaction.

"Haru-senpai, you jump almost as high as Asahi-san!" Hinata complimented, his eyes sparkling.

"What kind of serves do you like most, Haru-senpai?" Followed by Kageyama.

"It's in your genes isn't it? Even your brother is amazing!" Ennoshita even said faking his frustration.

"F-Furusai (Shut up!)! Oi! Focus!" I yelled flustered. Noya suddenly tapped me on the shoulder. "Hm?"

"Nice Kill!" He grinned widely.

"Thanks!"

And with that the game continued, until both of our teams are scored 24 and 23, the latter belonging to Kageyama's group. Of course, it's thanks to the demon quick they always pull off magnificently. It's my turn to serve again and I exhaled a bit nervous before proceeding with the serve.

I tossed the ball forward and followed. Remembering my match with Ko-nii from last year, I did an especially annoying serve that I saw someone from Aoba Johsai did. I smashed the ball to the other side, putting a nasty spin on it.

"Nice!" Nishinoya praised as I ran back to my position in front of the net.

Ennoshita was able to recieve it but the ball ended up bouncing to our side. I wasn't going to let this moment slide, and so I did a high jump, stayed up in the air longer as to avoid being blocked by Tanaka and Kageyama, and spiked the ball as hard as I could. My eyes glimmered as I saw the ball about to hit the ground, Hinata was there, and recieved the ball with his face.

The ball bounced off the court concluding the match as our win as Hinata collapsed on the ground. Tsukishima, Hinata and Yamaguchi laughed their asses off seeing the lifeless Hinata on the ground.

"Oi oi, you receive spikes with you arms not with your face HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!" Laughed Kei.

"How does it feel to have your face smashed in again? HAHAHAHAHAH!" followed by Tanaka.

Even I wasn't able to hold back laughing hearing their funny comments. Ennoshita told them off while he helped Hinata get back up. What surprised me is that he looked at me with his eyes sparkling and gave me thumbs up.

Eh?

"That was so cool Haru-senpai!!! Can you teach me how to do that?!" he exclaimed so gleefully while his nose bled.

"That was just a normal spike, stupid. Go get yourself cleaned, you look like you just saw an ero manga or somethin" I joked. He did as I said and went to infirmary with Kageyama and Yamaguchi.

Tired from the match, almost all of them sat down on the floor. "I'll go get you guys some water", fetching the water bottles I ran outside.

I was busy filling all the bottles up that I didn't notice come up from behind me, until a towel was covering my whole face as someone wiped my sweat for me.

"You should really rest first Senpai." Kei spoke right after he took away the towel. He pushed me gently away from the refilling station, "I'll handle the rest, you sit down for a while" he offered and of course I gladly took it.

Heck, I was tired to but as the only one present today, I should look out for the members.

"Arigatou, Kei" I thanked him and relaxed while I sat down. "You're really tall aren't you?" I randomly said.

He looked at me with an amused expression, "As if you're not" he chuckled.

"Nani?! (What?!)" I exclaimed, annoyed. "Well sorry for being so tall. I bet you guys don't even see me as a girl to begin with-"

"I do"

"What did you say?"

Kei finished the last bottle and walked slowly towards me. He sat down in front of me with his knees buckled. "I said I do see you as a girl, Senpai." he said looking straight into my eyes. "Do you see me as a man too, Senpai?"

Kei looked so serious that I was blank for a while, unable to process everything he just said.

"Pardon?" was all that I could say. He chuckled at my reaction and flicked my forehead hard. "Itte! (That hurts!)" I winced and rubbed the spot.

Kei stood up and offered me a hand. "They're waiting for us Senpai. Let's go?"

Accepting his help I held his hand and he pulled me up, "Let's go"

Everything was fine but I couldn't help but wonder why Kei didn't let go of my hand on our way back?

Am I thinking about things too much?

e n d o f c h a p t e r