chapter 5: Dance floor

Dedicated to Boobie31 (Boobie31) for the continuos support😘

   ~°~

V a n e s s a

We arrived at the club Ian suggested and I was immediately turned off by the crowd inside. For some reason, Ian had managed to bypass the line outside and grant us immediate access inside.

    I was still not sure this was what I wanted to do. I was out of town with a stranger and I had no close contact if anything went wrong. But these were the things Blake had said I lacked - the ability to take risks and have a little fun every now and again. But even an adventurous person would find my plight ludicrous.

Ian walked to the bar area and I walked behind him while bodies bounced and rubbed against me. The music was great and everyone was dancing without caution – living their best lives while I was skeptical about a little body contact.

       "What are you drinking, princess?" Ian exclaimed over the crowd.

I licked my lips in contemplation; Ian seeing my uncertainty, smiled. "How about a beer?"

I only nodded, hugging my shoulders as I waited for him to get the drinks. Maybe a little liquid courage was exactly what I needed in order to loosen up a little.

In a couple of seconds, he was handing me a bottle and grabbing my hand and leading us to a quieter and less crowded area of the bar. We sat around a small table with a circular leather couch.

     "Cheers to the future," he said.

      "Cheers,"  I replied and gave the beer a hearty swig. It tasted good and so I drank some more, subconsciously wanting to wash my sorrows away and live a little. When I was half done, I looked up to a shocked Ian and licked my lips. "How about something stronger!" I stupidly challenged.

       "Now you're speaking my language." He called to a moving waitress and briefly glanced at me before he turned his attention to the woman. "A bottle of vodka and two shot glasses please."

She nodded and left while I swallowed nervously, knowing vodka was a potent drink I was probably too slight to handle.

Ian must have seen the stricken look on my face because in an instant he was assuring me. "Don't worry princess, you're in good hands, I promise."

I smiled meekly, tucking the hair behind my ear while I tried not to freak out and flee without a second thought.

The drinks came and were placed on the table. Ian poured us two shots and instantly he was downing one and baring his teeth. I cleared my throat and gulped down, the liquid burning fiercely through my body. It was not an unfamiliar taste but it still had the same effects it did when I first tasted it.

     "So, what kind of work do you do?" I asked, knowing I was going to get chattier the more intoxicated I was.

      "I own an appliance store back in New York."

     "You're just going to leave it behind?

      "My mom has it under control. How about you Vanessa, have any siblings?"

I shook my head. "Only child."

     "What do you say we take another shot and then hit the dance floor?" He exclaimed and I nodded, feeling a lot less tense than I was earlier.

He poured us both another round and I unwittingly drank it all down before I got up, grinning at Ian. By now, I knew that the liquor was racing through my body, and very soon I would be too easygoing.