chapter 9: An unexpected turn

I a n

Two days had passed. Two days since I last saw the woman who had been plaguing my mind ever since.

Vanessa.

I remembered going to the bar - my intentions had only been to have a drink, maybe head to a casino and play a few games. But I had seen her sitting there, a mane of beautiful hair caressing her back while the snug dress hugged her slender waist and flared at her round butt nestled on the barstool. I had been curious to see her face, curious to see if it matched the beauty that I was already seeing. A lot of guys were seemingly interested too, especially the ones close by who were checking her out secretly, contemplating on the right moment to approach. She had a lot of eyes on her, some who didn't want to make it obvious, some who were with their woman but stole a glance her way.

I was never a reluctant man especially when it came to women so I made the first move and approached while the other cowards watched in envy.

And my curiosity vanished when I made my opening line and saw her reaction as well as her face. Beauty at its finest. Dazzling hazel eyes, a petite face, arrow-straight nose, and small pursed lips. All that had been topped with beautiful flowing hair.

I guess I had been the lucky guy. We had spoken and though she had been a bit hesitant - maybe tired of guys hitting on her, we had started a conversation. I realized even though this woman had the most beautiful face I had ever seen, she was sad.

I'd forgotten my own worries for a while and I had open myself to hers. I ultimately decided that I was going to make her have a little fun and while I was to also benefit, my ultimate aim was her.

The club had been another thing, she had gotten a few drinks in and had loosened up a bit. I had danced with her, danced against her and had enjoyed every moment. Her skin was soft, she had smelled great and I knew I wanted this woman in my bed and writhing beneath me.

So said so done, I'd gotten her to my hotel room and we had a series of great sex. You'd think she'd also be shy and reticent where that was concerned but she had not been and that was shocking. She as fire and her body was gold, I kept wanting her again and again and each time the need got greater and we got better. I was in awe of her wanton, yet meek ways.

She had left the following day and although I had tried to convince her to make it more than just a one night stand, she had left and I thought I would never see her again but to my surprise this wonder woman had returned but not for what I thought. She came back with the intention of being my fiancee.

That had blown me completely out of the water but she was sad and it was all because of the idiot that had left her on her wedding day. She was looking for a way to mask the pain and I was that wild card that was probably her only choice. In any other way I would have jumped at the thought, after all, I would be seeing this woman multiple times and no matter the reason, it would all be satisfying but for her own sake it wasn't the most logical decision and I knew she was only making her choices off the pain.

This man had broken her heart and that was clear, she was desperate. I'd wanted to agree - explore life with this woman while she got over the rubbish she maybe should have disposed of a long time ago - but I couldn't.

I couldn't pretend to be her fake fiance but I could be her husband and that had been my proposal.

Maybe her beauty had ruptured my senses but I didn't see anything wrong with marrying the beautiful stranger. If she wanted to make her ex feel jealous and prove I was a better man, well that didn't require much effort. She'd have me to flaunt and I'd have her every single day - every single night. Win-win if you asked me.