The Sand Dunes part 3

.  . . 2008.  . 

.  .  . Sandlania.  .  . Night  .  .  .

 "I'm Ivy." Ivy said her name, after Drift had introduced himself.

 "Ivy as in . . . Poison Ivy?" Drift asks.

Ivy glares at him.

"Don't you dare go down that road with me, Mr.Samurai." Ivy said with a sneer. "I despise it."

"I don't understand what road you are talking about." Drift remarks.

Simply put getting rescued by a tall, samurai Autobot who used to be a Decepticon is perhaps Ivy's lucky solar cycle. Ivy could not believe an Autobot had this much honor among the batch. Also it didn't surprise her that Drift had honor in various circumstances. It made her wonder about Ganster. Could he have had been partnered up with Drift stellar cycles ago?

 "Did ya train with Ganstah?" Ivy asks Drift.

They were sitting around a campfire that is burning a small dead hog that is double Ivy's size.

"He may older, but I am younger, bolder than him." Drift said.

 "So is that poetry?" Ivy asks.

"It's a Hiku." Drift sid.

Ivy folds her arms on top her knees.

". . . .Don't know if I should be offended by high que." Ivy said in a low voice.

Drift looks at the human as though she had a hearing problem.

"Hiku."  Drift repeats, cleaning his blade.

"Oh!" Ivy slaps her forehead. "I knew that!"

Drift shook his helmet, laughing at Ivy's silly reactions.

"You are weird for an organic." Drift remarks with his heavy Japanese accent clear as day.

"I take that as my gift and my pride." Ivy said, eating some more popcorn. She has this glow about her which can't be described well in the fire's light.

Drift taps on his blade trying to figure out what is odd about her.

"So  .  . . Why did ya leave the Decepticon cause?" Ivy asks.

"Lockdown was about to execute prisoners." Drift said, his heavy Japanese voice lowers. "On Cybertron."

"When?" Ivy asks.

"2006." Drift said.

Ivy's eyebrows shot up.

"Why were ya on Cybertron?" Ivy asks him.

"We were ordered by Megatron to capture an Autobot stronghold." Drift tells Ivy.

"I believe you must be mistaken;you can't time travel!" Ivy shook her index finger at him. "Megatron wasn't online until last year. Do you have a time machine or somethin'?"

Drift looks down towards the rocky floor thinking back at the stellar cycles.

"I was wrong; it was actually 2007." Drift said.

"Wee!" Ivy waves her arms. "Now that's better." Ivy noticed Drift is looking at her strangely. "What? My story is stranger tan yers.Stop giving me that detective look. Stop it. Fine; I was transported to The Battle of LA. I was there for probably, five minutes, and then kind of jumped to next year."

Drift tilts his helmet.

"Kind of jumped?" The Samurai repeats.

"More like transported to the future." Ivy said. "And arrived to Cybertron."