6.

So as I walked out of class, I bumped into Avah. "Yow Shane! You need a ride?", she asked. "Nah I'm good bro." "Alright then, I guess I'll see you tomorrow", she said walking away. I muttered back "yeah sure."

I walked out the school building with my earplugs on. I decided to listen to Uyay'khohlisa by Sjava. Wait! Y'all didn't think I'll ditch S.A music just like that, did you? Man, I'd never. The song made me emotional, like real emotional no childsplay. I wasn't even concentrating on where I was going until I heard a car horn. I took my earplugs off and looked at the car besides me.

I won't lie my heart was beating so fast, you'd swear it was going to jump out. The car window rolled down and revealed a light skinned stud. She had a fade dyed blue, fine on God. She came out of the car and stood in front of me. She was about 6'5. Damnnn, I thought to myself. She might be a baller, yeah? I suppose.

"Hey, you good?", she finally spoke. I soon came out of the trance I was in. "Yeah yeah, yeah I'm good. I'm sorry I wasn't paying attention on where I was going, my bad", I said stuttering. I mentally face palmed myself. "Nah, it's all good", she said. "I'm Cole by the way", she said sticking out her hand. "I'm Shane", I said shaking her hand.

"You must be new here?", she asked smirking. "Yeah I am actually." "I see", she said. "So what are you listening to?", she asked pointing at my earplugs. I gave her one to listen, Sjava sang:

"Wena ukhohlw'into eyodwa,
Loko wak'bona kimi, kwak'chaza, awuk'thathanga,
Basak'bona nabanye, Ukhohlw'into eyodwa,
Loko wak'bona Kimi, kwak'chaza, awuk'thathanga,
Basak'bona nabanye.
Uyazi ukhaliswa yini?
Ukhaliswa ukuthi loluthando ebengikunika lona
Selizoya komunye. Yazi ukhaliswa yini wena?
Ukhaliswa ukuthi mangithi
"I love you", bazothi "I love you too", it won't be you."

"Woah!, I can't hear what he's saying but I guess it's deep right?", she asked still looking amazed. I was even thinking of saying the song talks about how beautiful you are, please marry me! "Actually, it is too deep!", I said. "What's he saying exactly?", she asked looking very interested.

"Well he's talking about his ex and how she's rather crying right now because of the things he did for her and she never appreciated his efforts. What's worse is she'll probably never find someone like him ever again."

My mind flew back and started reminiscing about how bad my ex did me. To think I was even ready to give her a promise ring to assure her a place in my heart. Turns out she never really loved me. To her I was just that other girl. After our break up, I turned ice cold and promised to never allow myself to feel anything for anyone ever again. These girls ain't loyal and I'll be a fool to let anyone play me all over again.

"Shane!" Yow Shane", I was taken out of my trance by Cole calling out my name. "Yeah?", I responded. "Are you okay? You seem very down right now", she said looking concerned. "I'm Okay man, I just have a lot going on in my mind right now. But I'll be fine, don't stress about it." "Okay, If you say so", Cole said.

"I think it's better if I go now and again, I'm sorry for not paying attention", I said ready to go. "You sure you don't want a ride?", she asked holding my arm. I looked at her hand on my arm then back at her. She quickly let go. "I won't kidnap you or anything like that if that's what you thinking", she said making me feel guilty.

"No, not all people I come across are actually sweet and calm like you, and I wasn't thinking about no kidnapping at all. It's just that I'm almost home, so thanks for the offer but I'm fine thanks."

- 18❤.