22.

Mercury's POV.

You ever fall so hard for someone and turn oblivious to how toxic they are? Yeah, that was me. I was so blinded by love that I didn't listen to anything anyone had to say. When I first met Chris I loved the fact that she was real with me. She seemed to notice the littlest things, made me smile and of course made me feel loved. She always stood by me and when she asked me to be her girlfriend I said yes on sight.

I remember our first date when she took me to a baseball game and later on we went sightseeing around town. She was super cute and nervous too. I told her more about myself and she did too. I fell in love with her right there and then.

Her and Venus never liked each other not that Venus ever liked anybody but with Chris it was different. She would always ask me if I loved Chris and I would think she's jealous or something. She'd also ask if Chris loved me, I'd say yeah because at least I thought she did.

One night at Chris's house, I caught her sniffing on some cocaine and tried talking to her about that. She slapped the fuck out of me and laughed. She kicked me continuously and told me to never interfere in her business. Alright, the next day she apologized and of course I forgave her. I blamed the drugs because at the back of my mind Chris would never do me like that.

Another night I found her with a girl in bed, that broke me but never made me break up with her. I told Venus about it and that's how Chris got the scar on her eye. Venus went out the house like she was going to buy us pizza.

She came back looking all chilled like nothing happened till Chris came and caused a scene. Venus was like "chill bro, why you acting like a bitch?" That made me laugh so hard but again I felt sorry for Chris.

A week later I went running back to her, dumb right? One thing Chris is good at is sweet talking. Her words were so smooth and clean. The things she'd do while talking to me, like pushing strands of my hair behind my ear then tell me how beautiful I was. She'd always take my hand and place it on her heart and say "it only beats this fast when I'm with you". Many cultures associate the gesture of placing one's hand on one's heart with honesty. So my stupid ass believed that.

You ever love someone so much that you choose to turn against those who care about you because you scared of losing that someone? Yeah I was scared, started getting insecure and became clingy. She hated that and went around telling people that I'm always on her face.

That's how I became an over thinker. Thinking about each and every little thing. One word can turn to a whole book with me.

She then put me on drugs, yeah that's when the crew lost it. Funny how my love for her grew more than before at that actual time. You know why? Because everytime we were high she didn't treat me like shit, she didn't hit me, she didn't accuse me of anything.

We would just sit there and let the high take over, we would look at each other and just smile. But then as soon as the high was over, I'd go back to being that piece of nothing she saw me as.

I just knew I was worth something,

I broke up with her because I was tired, enough was enough and I had finally realized that I deserved better. The smile on my mom's face when I told them that was priceless. I honestly don't regret loving Chris because from that toxic relationship, I learned a lot.

I miss Venus so much and the thought of her never coming back hurts me the most. I mean she was basically a part of me and now that she's gone I definitely feel like I lost myself too.

I remember when I did a prank on her saying I was tired of being her twin and I want another twin, man she almost killed me. Throwing things at me then say "Nah Sissy you for real?" when I would say "yeah", she'd laugh and say "over my dead body" then start chasing me around the house.

I know wherever she is, she wouldn't want to see me sulking but she would want me to keep on smiling and become a greater person.

- 18❤.