23.

Shane's POV.

"Ohh Daddy you look so fly in a tuxedo" Ice said licking her lips while looking at me get in the car. We were going to Mercury's place for Venus's funeral. I just laughed and said thanks. "Yow Alex?" "Yeah?", "You spoke to Mercury last night?" I asked.

"Yeah, she couldn't sleep. We facetimed till 4 in the morning." "Damn y'all slept like what, 2 hours?" Lando exclaimed. Alex laughed then said, "Yeah, anything to see her smile." We all looked at her and nodded.

"Put this on man, your playlist dull as fuck", Avah said passing her phone to be plugged into the aux. "I'm very offended because I basically put you on bro" Ice said being dramatic. "Shut the fuck up!" Avah said with a laugh. I plugged her phone and went on to a "Feels" playlist. I just had to yow.

"So I'm driving down this road,
With no place, no place to go.
Nothing but memories, only you and I
Only you and I will ever know, ay
Tears falling down my face, used to be tears of joy.
You took my loving away, oh"

That was Dear Simone by Jacob Banks, one of Venus's favourite songs. We all definitely got in our feelings with that one. We arrived at Merc's place, her mom just smiled when she saw us. That woman was strong for real. I mean she took care of Merc and Venus alone, with no help from anyone and the fact that she worked so hard for them to have everything they want showed how much she really loved them.

I swear if it was me, I wouldn't even want to talk to nobody man. I would just want my child next to me, I'd go to Chris and fuck her up then tell her to wake my child up. I don't take losing a loved one as well as many people would think I can. Nah, I go mad.

The service started, and the Pastor said a lot of things as we all expected. Mercury said some few words and her mom too. Then the Pastor called up Savannah to speak. She looked nervous but she confidently stood up. She went in front and she looked at the coffin and smiled.

"Still don't believe you in there. I keep thinking you'll come in that door looking so beautiful and straight facing everyone" she let out a slight laugh.

"You know on our way here we were listening to a song she used to love. The lyrics of the song say:
Pen frozen in my hand,
A soulless man, here I stand for you baby.
Watching life pass me by,
Only of you were by my side.
I tried everything I should,
I gave everything I could to you, baby.
Pouring my words up to the sky,
I'm not gonna say goodbye"

By now tears were streaming down her cheeks. She smiled and continued talking, "Yes indeed I'm not ready to say goodbye, I don't think I'll ever be. If you hear me now, but the Pastor said you looking down at me, right Pastor?" The Pastor nodded. "I just want you to know that I'll forever love you. I miss you now, I'll definitely miss you tomorrow and the day after that. I know you're in Paradise, yeah? We all love you, Rest in perfect peace baby."

When she was done she came back to sit down. I was proud of her, we all were. She managed to talk about her without breaking down. A few days ago were a lot different, the moment she said "Venus" she'd just lose it.

After the funeral we said our goodbyes. Mercury walked us to the car. "Y'all seen Avah looking like Will Smith over there?" Mercury asked. "What? Will Smith?" we laughed, "Will is fly so I guess I was twice as fly, yeah?" Avah said. "Believe whatever, Man In Black😎", Alex said poking at Avah's cheek.

"At least she looks like Will, who y'all look like? Nobody's!" Lando said sticking out his tongue. "Nigga put that tongue back in before I cut it off" Mercury said squinting her eyes. "Now you mad huh?" I asked laughing at her. "Shut up!".

"Is Nicole back yet?", Ice asked. "Nah," I answered back. "We got you, Alright?" Mercury said giving me a side hug. "Yeah thanks y'all". We dapped her up then got in the car and left.

They dropped me off first. I honestly needed some good sleep. I took a shower then sat in silence just thinking about everything that has happened and still happening. My mom flooded my thoughts, I wondered how she was, does she maybe miss me? How that Jason nigga was treating her. I took my phone and dialed her number. I contemplated on whether to hit the call button or not.

I decided not to, I wanted to but I just couldn't. Maybe visiting her would be better, yeah? Though seeing that bustard isn't what I'm really looking forward to, but if I'll get to see my mom then it's alright. My thoughts later sent me straight to sleep.

- 18❤.