09

Draco

Granger seemed awfully nervous, but I suppose she wanted to make a good impression on the Slytherins, no matter how rude they've been to her in the past and may be to her now.

"Is this alright?" she asks. I told her that I'd wait for her in the common room while she got ready, and meet Blaise and Weaslette outside the Slytherin portrait.

I turn, and my eyes widen in amazement.

Standing at the bottom of her stairs is Granger, dressed in a sleeveless, medium-length, green dress and black flats. The dress has lace at the top and bottom of the dress, which is a shade of green not too dark or light.

"I only did a bit of mascara, a touch of lipstick, and nothing else," she explains. "How is it?"

Absolutely stunning, I think, but instead I say, "It's adequate."

She rolls her eyes. "I think I'll leave my hair down... Do you have your wand?"

"Yes," I say, double-checking my pocket to make sure it's there. I'm dressed in white dress shirt and black pants, along with a pair of polished dark shoes.

"And you're sure that they won't hex me?"

I sigh. "Granger. Only you would bring your wand to a party."

"This is a Slytherin party and I'm in Gryffindor," she retorts.

"But you're with me."

Her face tinges pink a little, but she simply says, "Let's go."

Blaise

"I can't believe you convinced me to do this. How did you convince me to do this?" Weaslette grumbles, and I flash her a smug smirk.

"I used my irresistible charm," I reply, and she snorts.

"You couldn't charm a toad," she retorts, and I scowl out of habit.

We're waiting outside of the Slytherin portrait for Draco and Granger, and the paintings around us have been eyeing us suspiciously.

Weaslette decided to dress in some sort of outfit that pretty much stripped her of any dignity she has if she ever had any. Dressed in a thin-strapped, navy blue dress that's as short as the school would ever allow a student to walk around in and black heels, I never would've known it was her from the back. Her hair's still down, with only the slightest hint of makeup on her face.

"They're not going to respect me no matter what I wear, aren't they?" she'd asked when my jaw dropped at her choice of attire.

"In that? I'm not sure," I answered honestly.

She rolled her eyes and then started walking briskly down the hall, ignoring the reactions of passing students. "Are you coming?" she called, insensitive to the fact that people were still watching.

I rushed after her, catching up to her after a light jog.

"Why are you really wearing this? You would never walk around the castle like this," I say as we continue to wait for the two Heads.

She frowns. "What reason should I have? Do I need one? What if I just want to have one night without Ron hovering over me and Harry getting overprotective?"

Now I frown. "I thought you two were together."

"We are, but don't you ever think that a couple should spend some of their free time alone? He trusts that I'm faithful, and I am. But I'd like to be able to wear something just for myself."