22

Hermione

When Draco finally lands on the Quidditch field, I slide off, my hair all blown out and completely breathless.

"How was that?" he asks, smirking at my state.

"Amazing," I say, and he gets off his broom, letting it hover over the ground while he sets his hands on my waist and presses a kiss to my lips.

"Brilliant," he mumbles against my lips.

-----

"I can't believe you did that," Ginny says, amazed.

I tell her everything about last night, and I can't believe I'm actually still a little flustered from the events.

I shrug. "I held onto him the entire time, completely and utterly terrified."

"But it was fun?"

I smile. "Yes."

"There's a note for you," she says, glancing up, and I move to take the slip of parchment that's floating down to me.

Hello Hermione,

I know that lessons are over, but why not meet for a surprise in our common room?

D.M.

"What does it say?" Ginny asks, and I show her the note. Her face brightens. "Ooh, another date?"

I shrug. "Maybe."

I subtly move in my place, trying to catch Draco's eye. When I do, I give him a sly smile and nod. He bites his lip, obviously suppressing a small smile of his own.

Draco

"Are you looking at Hermione Granger?"

I turn to scowl at Blaise, my neck heating slightly. "No."

He smirks at me. "Sure, mate."

"Shut up."

"Can I still be your Best Man?" he asks with fake sincerity, and I have to resist the urge to hex the hell out of him.

"If you keep asking, then no, you won't."

Blaise pouts childishly. "Then who will?"

"Nott."

"No!" he cries, letting out a fake gasp. "You wouldn't!"

I roll my eyes at him. "I would murder you if it were legal."

-----

I made sure to ask Ginny to guarantee that Hermione will be distracted until I'm ready. It isn't too much work to set up the date, but I still need about ten minutes to perfect everything.

Just as I finish lighting the candles with my wand, a barn owl swoops through one of the windows, dropping a slip of parchment onto the coffee table before flying out swiftly. I walk quickly over to read the note.

She's coming, you'd better be ready

I smile, sitting myself on the floor to wait for Hermione to come.

Hermione

"Really, Ginny, I should be going to the common room. He's waiting," I protest, standing up.