Epilogue

At around 2:30 PM on June 24th, 2003

Draco

"She's beautiful, Hermione," Ginny says, leaning on the frame of the hospital bed.

Hermione lies on the bed, tired but happy, a newborn baby girl wrapped in her arms. My daughter.

"You still haven't decided on the name?" Potter asks.

I shoot him a withering look. We've avoided coming up with a name for our child, even after we knew it was a girl, agreeing to name her after she was born.

"How about... Selene?" Hermione suggests wearily, touching my arm gently, defusing my anger. "After the first female Malfoy who had an empathy link with her husband."

"But not the last," I say firmly, lightly kissing her forehead. "Selene Ginerva Malfoy."

The full name comes out of my mouth before I realize what I'm saying. I look up at Ginny, who raises her eyebrows questioningly at me, and then back at Hermione, who's obviously on the verge of falling asleep.

Hermione smiles weakly. "That sounds good. Ginny?"

Ginny nods. "It's perfect. I can't believe it's almost been a year since your wedding," she sighs happily.

"You were absolutely beautiful, Hermione," I say softly, remembering the glorious day.

"I went over to Astoria's boutique immediately after the wedding to buy more dresses," Ginny admits, smiling sheepishly.

"They do look nice on you," Harry says in a suggestive tone, and Hermione smacks his arm slightly as Ginny goes slightly pink.

"I suppose we deserve it because you always walk in on us snogging," Hermione sighs, and he laughs.

"C'mon Harry," Ginny says, giving me a small smile, "let's give them some privacy."

"I'll take Selene," I say gently to Hermione. "You should get some rest."

"Are you sure?" she asks, worried.

"I'll be fine," I reply. "Now go to sleep before I-"

"Alright," she interrupts, chuckling softly. As she sighs deeply, I look down at Selene. Our first child. "I promise the first male child we have can be named Scorpius," she adds, and I cock my head at her.

"You want more kids?"

"Well, Selene needs a little sibling to boss around, doesn't she?" Hermione smiles.

I laugh softly. "I love you, Hermione Malfoy," I whisper, though I don't think she can hear me.

"I love you too, Draco Malfoy," her quiet voice replies, a sleepy smile crossing her face.

"Hermione?"

"Hm?"

"The hat never considered me for any other house. It yelled Slytherin after barely grazing my head."

She opens her eyes, taking my hand gently and looking straight into my eyes. "You'll always be brave, Draco. Promise me you'll never forget that."

"I promise."

Thank you.