11

Ginny

Harry's map came along with a note that had a single sentence written on it: I hope you know what you're doing.

I open the envelope to reveal the Marauder's Map, and grabbing my wand, I tap it and whisper, "I solemnly swear that I'm up to no good."

The map starts to illustrate the outline of the castle, getting more and more detailed and showing dots on the map representing all of the students and professors.

I walk out of the Gryffindor common room, stowing the map in my robes and heading down to dinner.

"Hello Ginny," an airy voice says suddenly, and I turn to find Luna walking at my side.

"Hi Luna," I reply.

"How is it with you and Neville?" I ask, studying her face as the corners of her mouth turn up.

"Why do you ask?" she asks indifferently, and I roll my eyes.

"What happened during your da-evening?" I clarify, and she smiles lightly.

"Oh, yes, well, he was very bold, but I could tell that he was quite nervous. Managed to say it all without breaking eye contact."

"Luna, I'm not exactly one to gossip, but what did he say?!" I ask impatiently.

"He told me that he fancied me and asked me out. I told him yes. It's not as dramatic as you might think."

I smile, a I-totally-knew-it look crossing my face.

We arrive at the Great Hall, and she waves goodbye as she leaves to sit at Ravenclaw's table. I start to walk toward Hermione, who's already sat down, when Zabini nonchalantly walks over to me and turns me around so we're walking out of the room.

"Do you have it?" he hisses out of the corner of his mouth.

"Yes," I reply. "You can stop acting so creepy, though."

He rolls his eyes and walks away, calling, "Cherry Kelp after dinner."

So he wants to meet in their common room.

I walk over to the Gryffindor table where Hermione sits.

"You brought your sack of books?" I ask curiously as she moves the bag so I can sit down.

"Studying in the library after dinner," she says quickly, and then starts talking with Neville.

I spent most of the meal trying to figure out where she could be rushing off to. She didn't go anywhere in a hurry on Friday, nor over the weekend, but tonight she kept checking her wristwatch every few minutes.

When the time showed 6:56, she jumped up and walked out with a quick farewell to me and Neville.

A few minutes later, I bid farewell to Neville as well and started walking to their common room, making sure that I could avoid Hermione on the way. I pulled out the parchment as the amount of students roaming the corridors thinned.

"I solemnly swear that I'm up to no good," I whisper, tapping my wand on the map.

Hermione's dot is traveling briskly around the halls of the castle, finally stopping in McGonagall's classroom.

Malfoy's dot is resting in the room already, and Hermione's dot is moving until it stops right next to his.

"Merlin," I whisper, tapping the map and saying, "Mischief Managed."

"What are you doing, young student?" a voice asks, and my head whips around to try to locate the voice. I finally focus on their portrait entrance, where a young woman sits calmly with a crystal ball and is looking at me.