10K SPECIAL

#1 in hermionegranger on February 4th, 2021! 🥰

___

Date: February 18th, 2021

Thank you. All of you. I wrote a bonus chapter to celebrate the small milestone. Enjoy. Here's to 10k. ❤

___

Monday, September 4th, 2000

Draco

I sigh. "Hermione, you still haven't told me where you're taking me. Why do I need to dress up in this?"

I point to my grey t-shirt and... shorts. I can't believe I actually let her dress me in this. She even added a pair of shaded glasses and fedora, which makes me feel like I'm playing dress-up.

Hermione brought me to her flat, where she gave me a set of clothes and told me to try them on. I agreed, since she seemed so eager, but now I think she's just going to take a photo and send it to Potter.

"You look handsome," she says with a straight face, but her eyes are full of amusement. "The sunglasses and fedora are supposed to make you look more... Muggle. Alright, take my hand, I'm going to Disapparate us."

Easy for her to say, she's dressed in a beautiful red summer dress and black flats. Beautiful, as always.

"Disapparate us where?"

"You'll see," she replies simply, and I sigh again, taking her hand.

Hermione

We vanish from my flat and onto a sidewalk in front of a large brick building with multiple buildings and two floors. I pull Draco toward the big double doors, and he looks around as we walk.

"It's my old primary school. I went here until I was... eleven, I think. That summer I got the letter to go to Hogwarts," I explain, and he smiles.

"You remembered?" he asks, cocking his head to the side.

We stop at the doors, and I turn to him, giving him a peck on the cheek. "Of course I remembered."

He smiles softly, and I admire the expression before gripping the handle to one of the doors and pulling it open, gesturing for him to walk through.

It's almost hard to believe that he's stepping into a Muggle school without being bribed, dragged, or secretly planning to do something horrible in it. If someone had told me seven years ago that we would be doing this, I would've laughed and then Confunded them.

I've been wanting to do this for a while, but Draco's Auror training and the constant amount of work from the Ministry keep us quite busy. When Harry and Ginny got married three days ago (apparently she had been trying to tell me that she was considering proposing to Harry—which she did, the night after graduating from Hogwarts) and happily departed for their honeymoon, it made me realize that the visit couldn't be put off any longer. Luckily, I was able to arrange for both of us to take this Monday off from work on a short notice.

"When was the last time you were here?" Draco asks me as I guide him to the main lobby for our visitors' passes.

"Oh, too long," I sigh. "Years."

After talking to the receptionist (I didn't recognize her because she was a new hire; the previous receptionist apparently had retired a few weeks ago) and receiving our passes, I take Draco's hand and lead him to the classroom of my third year teacher.

When we enter the classroom, dozens of students who look eight or nine years old turn to stare at us in surprise.

I smile at the sight of Professor Henry, who was my favorite teacher in all of my years at this primary school. He doesn't seem to have changed very much since I last saw him, which was about eight or nine years ago. He still wears the same old tweed jacket, polished black shoes, and dark blue rimmed glasses. His hair, though lighter now, is still brown with not even a single visible grey hair. And most notably of all, the joy in his bright green eyes hasn't faded as he explains different math functions.