18

Still Christmas Day

Ginny

If it weren't for Harry, Ron would've most likely hexed Blaise into the next century.

"What is he doing here?" Ron demands, held back by Harry's firm grip, and I scowl at him.

"Leave," I tell the two of them. "I'll be fine."

Harry raises an eyebrow, but pulls Ron out of the room.

"Alright," I say to Blaise, folding my arms as we sit on the sofa. "What is it?"

"I broke the deal, and I'm sorry, but they were about to snog when I came, I swear to Merlin they were," he explains, and my jaw drops. "I sent her a letter telling her to come back to the manor for him, and then I left. Please don't hex me."

I study his fearful face, mentally smirking at the expression. "Fine, but the deal's officially off," I say finally, and he visibly relaxes. "Are they together?"

"I asked and he denied it, but not very convincingly."

"They are so going to kiss before February," I sigh, and Blaise smirks. "What?" I demand.

"Oh, nothing. It's just that you sound so..."

I raise my eyebrow at him, daring him to finish that sentence correctly.

"Sure," he finishes confidently, and now I smirk at him. "Yes, definitely sure of yourself."

"Well, when do you think they'll kiss?"

"At their next session."

Luna

Monday, December 27th, 1999 - The Hogwarts Express

"Hi Ginny, how was your vacation?" I ask curiously when she enters my compartment.

"Alright, and yourself?"

"Daddy still can't find Nargles, but he suspects they might not come out during the winter," I tell her, scanning The Quibbler for any fresh news.

Her face twitches oddly for a moment, but then she asks, "Have you seen Hermione yet?"

I shake my head, not taking my eyes off of my newspaper. "No," I say, just as the person in question opens the compartment door.

"How was your vacation?" Ginny asks Hermione, a smirk on her face.

Hermione mouth parts in shock. "He told you?!" she demands, and Ginny's smirk is still firmly on her face.

"Did you go over to Malfoy Manor?" I ask lightly, still not looking up.

"You told Luna?" Hermione asks, less upset but still annoyed.

"No," Ginny answers instantly. "I did no such thing."

"How do you know, then?" she asks me, and I finally set my paper aside.

"I thought it was quite obvious by the way you two have grown so close," I reply simply. "I'm not blind, Hermione, you ought to have gone to visit given his... situation."

"I-" she starts to say, but suddenly frowns. "I've got to go, I'll be back."

She exits the compartment, unsurely gripping her wand with a determined sort of look on her face.

Draco

When it's time to go back to Hogwarts, I'm both relieved and anxious. I reach an empty compartment and wait for 11 o'clock to strike so we can go off.