26

A/N: I apologize for the time it took to publish this chapter... but here it is! Don't forget that this story isn't completed until the epilogue (coming on Nov. 6, 2020) is published!

(Let's pretend the song was made in 1999... It just fits the scene so perfectly.)

---

Monday, April 3rd, 2000

Draco

"I didn't know you knew any Muggle chefs," Hermione remarks as we walk out of the Restaurant Gorden Ramsay.

"I did some research," I reply, taking her hand as we step outside. The snow falls around us lightly, sprinkling Hermione's hair with momentary flecks of white, dissolving in seconds.

I stop for a minute to look around at the peaceful setting, and she leans her head on my shoulder.

"Beautiful, isn't it? The snow?" she asks, lifting her hand to catch some of the snowflakes on her palm, watching as they melt instantly.

I nod, a smile tugging threateningly at the corner of my mouth. "I can't believe it's still here even though it's the third of April."

"Yeah... strange, isn't it?" We fall silent, gazing at the snow one last time before Hermione says, "Let's go to the flat I've rented for Easter vacation."

"Alright," I reply.

She begins to Disapparate, and the scene falls apart, disappearing as a new setting forms and solidifies around us. I find myself standing in a small apartment with a dark green settee and peeling white wallpaper. There are two doors behind the sofa, presumably to a bedroom and loo. There appears to be a black square box hanging on the wall across from the settee, which has a coffee table between them. A full height window shows the glistening white snow outside, and a digital clock sits on the table, showing the time is 9:06 PM.

"Follow me," she says, and walks into the bedroom, where some of her things already seem to be taken out. "I want to show you something."

I step into the dimly lit bedroom, where a big box that has a rod sticking out of it sits on her nightstand, covered with all sorts of knobs and buttons. She presses one of the buttons, and a static noise erupts from the box, and I raise my eyebrows.

"Now that's magic," I say, and she laughs.

After a few seconds, I can hear a man saying, "Our next song will be coming up in a minute, so stick around."

Hermione turns to me, smiling as the music starts, and I bow to her.

"May I have this dance, Ms. Granger?" I ask formally.

She smiles replying, "Yes, Mr. Malfoy," and curtseys in return.

I place a hand on her waist and shoulder, and she does the same to me. Slow dancing in the middle of the bedroom, the song starts up, and I smile reminiscently as the déjà vu washes over me, memories flashing through my head.

"I figured it out

I figured it out from black and white

Seconds and hours

Maybe they had to take some time

I know how it goes

I know how it goes from wrong and right

Silence and sound

Did they ever hold each other tight