21

Hermione

Draco and I lie under the now starry sky, occasionally talking, but mostly just enjoying the beautiful view.

"How long have you fancied me?" I ask him, and he sighs thoughtfully.

"Blaise thought that I had always fancied you deep down inside since I met you," he muses.

"And did you?"

"Maybe... but I knew I liked you after the party, because..." His voice trails off, and he bites his lip.

"Because I kissed you?" I ask him, and his eyes widen. "Ginny pieced the puzzle together for me," I explain. "You seemed rather distant that morning."

"Yeah," he says, and I can see that his face is faintly red. "I didn't stop you, because I was too busy asking myself why I wasn't stopping you."

"Well," I whisper, "now I don't have to be drunk, and you don't have to second guess yourself."

"Yeah..." he says slowly, a grin beginning to cross his face.

Suddenly, he sits up and gestures for me to sit up as well. I do, and he raises his fingers to my face and gently traces the outline of my jaw.

"Hermione Granger..." he murmurs, leaning forward and pressing his pale lips against mine. I move my hand onto his waist, pulling his closer to me while he holds the side of my face in his hand.

"MERLIN, WHAT THE HELL?!" a voice shouts.

We both jump apart immediately, and turn to Ginny and Blaise standing with their mouth dropped open and their arms deftly at their sides.

"What are you two doing here?" Draco demands, annoyed.

"We figured you would be here if you weren't at Professor McGonagall's classroom, but clearly you two aren't studying anymore," Ginny says suggestively, and I feel my face heat up.

Instead of freaking out again, Blaise simply asks, "When did this become a thing?"

"Yesterday night," I reply, and he smirks at Ginny.

"I knew it," is all he says, and she scowls, apparently understanding what he means.

"It wouldn't have happened this soon if we hadn't pushed it a bit," she replies, and my jaw drops.

"Were you both plotting to get us together?" I demand, and Ginny tilts her head at me.

"Do you regret it?" she shoots back.

"Of course not!" I say instantly, "but you two arranged this?!"

Blaise smiles sheepishly. "Kind of."

I sigh, rolling my eyes, and Draco shoots a glare at the two of them.

"Get. Out," he growls.

Ginny replicates his infamous smirk. "Get. A. Room."

Draco then presses his lips to mine, and Blaise looks away, making gagging noises like a child.

I quickly pull away, frowning at his smirk. "Draco! You can't just do that to them!"

He raises a challenging eyebrow. "Says who?"

I cross my arms. "Says me."

Ginny clears her throat. "Anyway, we came up here to just say that we ran into Goyle and Pansy. They were absolutely mad, and if they knew you two were a thing-"

"He would use one of you as bait," Blaise finishes, and Draco wraps a hand around my waist.

"I won't let them touch her," he vows, and I smack his arm.