❤Insecurities❤

(This is sorta hard to generalize, and I'm kinda writing about current events (The Backstreet Boys Reunion Tour), and I guess this is kinda angst, so I'm not sure how this'll come out)

     Looking into the mirror, you saw yourself. Flaws and all. You had just walked into the bathroom, and you were not in the mood to see yourself. Leaning closer to the mirror, you saw your boring, (e/c) eyes, and imperfect skin. It always seemed like seeing yourself more made you look worse and there were so many mirrors when you were stuck in the house. Even though you didn't enjoy looking at yourself, you always did, sorta like a car crash. It's not like you wanna see it, but you can't look away. Staying inside sucked, usually, you would jump at the chance to hang out in your house but now that it was required and you weren't supposed to see anyone, it sucked.

     A knock on the door startled you, and as you walked over to get it, you saw Dabi walking in. Of course, he wouldn't care what he was told to do by anyone, much less, people in power. Dabi saw you and smiled, causing you to mirror his expression, even if it didn't feel genuine. He hugged you and said something, but you felt like you were floating down a river, there wasn't anything you could do. As Dabi said something else, he gave you a concerned look, figuring you had let your smile slip you tried to "reset" your face, only winning you an even more concerned look.

     " Doll? What are you doing?" Dabi's words wrung hollow in your head, and you took a second to register them as anything more than sounds.

     Your voice came out, a little broken, " I don't know, what am I doing?" He lead you to sit down, and continued to hold your hands, Dabi felt warm and real.

     " Kay, you gotta tell me what's wrong," His face bled concern, as he continued, " You're doing something weird with your face, and you've barely said a word to me. What's up?"

     A small smile passed over your features, as if you would tell him what was wrong, " It's nothing, really," Making sure to soften your face, you tried to be as believable as possible, " Just all this time by myself getting to my head." You smiled at the end and perked up the words, that always convinced people that you were telling the truth.

     Even with the act, Dabi didn't change his position, not backing down, and his question still hung in the air. What was wrong? Was it your face? Your body? Your personality? Maybe it was something more, something permanent, that had always been there. But if you didn't really know, how could you explain, and why should Dabi care, he didn't owe you that.

     Dabi's concern seemed to only be deepening as your silence stretched on, " Sweetheart, I know you're not fine," His words were surprising, but you really didn't feel up to emoting that, " You've always been a remarkable actor, and that performance was no exception, but, I know you. You're hurting, so tell me what's wrong." Dabi held your hands to his chest, and waited, he really did want you to tell him, huh?

     Well, it was bound to happen eventually, that's why getting close hurt. You would eventually have to share the things that weren't meant to be shared, " Well," Your voice was small and empty, " You're right, I'm not feeling myself, but then again, I don't ever really feel myself. Maybe sometimes when you're around, but these last few weeks have been torture. I usually keep up a good face for other people, and I guess, that helps me convince myself everything's okay too. But without other people, I'm.... not." Looking at Dabi, to make sure he was still there, and hearing your words, you saw the pain in his eyes. Why did he look hurt? " What's wrong?"

     Dabi pulled you close, hugging you tightly, you didn't reciprocate, " Why didn't you tell me? I coulda' made you feel better, or helped you, or... something!" He seemed to be taking this much harder than you, which was confusing. Why would this hurt him so much?

     " It's not like you can really do anything about it Dabi, it's just how I am." Glancing down you added, " Why do you seem to care so much anyway. Not like it should hurt you this much, I don't want to be a burden."

     He looked you in the eyes, making sure he had your full attention, " You're never a burden (y/n), and I don't want you to ever think that. Being with you means that I chose to share the good times with you, and help you through the bad times. So please, just.... Tell me next time, I can do whatever you need, or whatever you want to try. If you think it'll help, I'm up for it!" He added a smile and a promise, you were real, just as real as he was. He pulled you into another hug, this time, you hugged him back, this is what you needed. Just him, you had needed him.