❤Sweet Shop❤

(This is Ssooo unbelievable to me that you guys keep reading and liking my stories!!! Thank you so much for 4k!!!! And I'm really enjoying this whole "semi-consistently writing stories" so thanks for giving me an outlet!!! This one might be kinda out of character, but I don't know, it just happened so yeah... Love ya my dudes!!)

     Summer was an especially busy day for the sweet shop you worked at. Kids with exhausted parents dragged behind, groups of older kids getting out of the house with their friends and walking over, and the occasional adult looking like they were trying to get in and out without being noticed. It was all welcome for you, as you enjoyed the interactions, and almost everyone who came in seemed to be awfully sweet, and almost childlike in their demeanor.

     Along with prepackaged candies, and little trinkets, the store you worked at sold pastries and cakes made in house. Which meant that when you got in, and whenever else you could, you would be following specific instructions for pretty little cakes, and bite-sized brownies. It was satisfying and the more you did it, it came to be second nature. So as the sun started to set, bathing the shop in soft purple light, you went to the back and set to piping on details, and adding cute little fondant pieces, to freshly baked cupcakes.

     Glancing up at the clock to check the time you saw it was about ten minutes before closing, and you decided you'd go out and sweep the floor so you wouldn't have to do it in the morning. But, as you walked out of the back room, wiping flour off of your hands onto your soft pink uniform apron, you heard the bell above the front door trill. Looking up you saw a sweet looking teen, with cute blonde buns, and a look of pure joy on her face, followed by a taller guy, with dark hair and purple patches covering is skin. So more than a little sus looking.

     Putting on a sweet smile, and brightening your voice through your skepticism you said, " Welcome to Sweet Tooth, is there anything I can help the two of you find this evening?" You made sure to put on all of your charm, trying to figure out what they were up to.

     The girl turned her yellow cat-like eyes to you, grinning from ear to ear as she said, " Yes actually, do you guys have any pocky?" She seemed really kind, just like some little kid, but the guy behind her still looked like he was about to do something, and as he glanced in your direction you stared for a second too long.

     Looking back to the girl quickly, you said, " Yeah, they're right over there."

     Pointing over to a corner with lots of soft colored boxes and some little bags, she smiled and skipped away happily, " Thanks!!!" After picking a couple of different flavors the girl came back, and as she set them down on the counter for you to scan she looked into the glass cases filled with cakes and other sugary soft pastries. Her eyes lit up as she saw a cupcake decorated like a cat, and she pulled on the guy's sleeve and pointed, "DAbbbIIii!!! Look at that pretty cupcakkkeee!!!" She turned to the guy, apparently Dabi, " You gotta get it for me Pllllleeeeeaaaaassssseeeeee!!!!!"

     Dabi sighed, and pulled out a credit card, " I mean it's Kurogiri's money anyways, why shouldn't you get some pastries," He glanced at you as he handed over the card, " Can I also get one of those little cake thingies." Dabi pointed at a small pink cream puff.

     You nodded, smiling, " Of course, those are my favorites, and today's batch came out quite well in my opinion!" You grabbed the pastry tongs and got a cream puff putting it into a brown paper bag, and just handing the cupcake to the girl. She didn't seem to mind, as she immediately started to devour it.

     After her first bite, she paused and sighed in contentment, " These are delicious!!!" The girl was talking through a mouthful of fluffy vanilla cupcake, " Did you make these??"

     A smile crossed your face as you took her compliment in, " Yeah!! Every morning I make a batch of cupcakes and this morning I was feeling cats," Looking at her smile again you added, " Clearly I made the right choice there!!" The guy took his bag, as you slid the card through the reader, and started bagging the pocky for the girl, " I'm thinking I'll probably make some strawberry ones tomorrow."

     The girl's eyes got big, " Oh My GGOOOOODDDD!!!" She hopped up and down as she pulled on Dabi's sleeve again, " We've gggoooootttt to come back tomorrow, she's making Strawberry CUPCAKESsss!!!"

      Dabi slid his piercingly blue eyes down to the girl indifferently, " Toga, don't take that up with me, talk to Kurogiri when we get back," He glanced up at you, looking a little predatory, then back to Toga, " Though I wouldn't mind coming back either." As he said that a blush powdered your cheeks. Maybe he didn't mean anything by that, buuuuttttt it seemed awfully suggestive. He looked up at you know, " Sorry I didn't catch your name Sweet Heart,"

     Leaning in a little, he stared into your (e/c) eyes, making your heart beat a little faster, even though he looked kinda suspicious, it was kinda hot, " I'm (y/n)!! It's lovely making your acquaintance!!" As you smiled brightly at Dabi, his breath caught a little.

      You had a really bright smile, it lit up your face, and made his heart beat faster, regaining his composure, he continued " Well I'm Dabi, and I hope to see you again soon, Kitten." The nickname set off butterflies in your stomach making you blush even harder.

     Toga giggled mischievously as she picked up the bag off the counter, starting out of the store, " Well it was lovely meeting you (y/n)!! We'll be back soon so don't miss us too much!!!" She winked as she walked out, as you handed Dabi his card back.

     Instead of taking it immediately, he held your gaze, and let the interaction last longer then it should have, " I guess I'll be seeing you tomorrow then Kitten," Dabi finally broke the interaction, putting the card into his pocket, and following Toga who was waiting outside the store. As he closed the door, the bell tinkling above, you could see Toga pretending to make out with someone while nudging him suggestively and looking back into the store. Giggling a little at her antics, you propped your hand up on your elbow to watch the interaction, as Dabi elbowed her and started walking away, blushing a little. Before they got past the glass window, Dabi looked back to you, and you waved him a farewell, returning it he finally followed after Toga.

      Sinking down against the counter you felt like you were a teen again, falling into love easily, and you decided to let the feeling sweep you away.

<-<-<- Dabi's POV ->->->

     " So that (y/n) was pretty cute huh??" Toga teased as the two of them walked out of the building. Rolling his eyes halfheartedly, Dabi started to walk away, but Toga seemed determined to get to him, as she did the "pretending that someone is making out with you" thing that kids do to embarrass each other. She really was childlike, but he couldn't help the blush that spread across his face as he elbowed her to get her to stop. Toga giggled, and said, " Yeah, I know you're gonna wanna come back here, and I like her too!! So maybe we can be friends!!!" The blonde had already seemed to find a new topic to interest herself for the walk home. As the sunset around them, the streets were darkening, a final glance back through the window of the candy store, and he saw (y/n) sitting there watching him go, looking almost lovestruck, which embarrassed him even more. As she waved, his heartbeat sped up again, waving back quickly, he followed after Toga who was talking to herself about something. He really was looking forward to coming back tomorrow.