❤Flowers❤

(It's summer!! So now I can write some more! But this one really just a vibe so, yeah)        

     Walking out into the evening Sunlight, you felt a gentle breeze blow up your skirt. Summer evenings were your favorite times to be outside because it was warm enough to watch the sunset and then see the stars, and still not get to bed too late. Breathing in deeply, you practically skipped down the sidewalk, passing rows, and rows of colorful flowers waving gently in the breeze. As you walked the couple blocks between your apartment and the field at the end of town, you gazed at the sunset, watching the fluffy clouds change from white to light pink, to orange as the Sun sank down below the horizon. Casting long shadows across the cracked sidewalk under your feet.

     Turning, and retracing your well-worn path through the flowers and stalks of grass you got out to the middle of the field just as the sky started turning a deep violet. Laying out a light blue checkered blanket, you sat down and pulled out your phone, putting on your favorite playlist, and laying back as you watched the stars start to peek out from late evening sky.

      After a few minutes of watching the sky change, you heard voices coming from the road out of town. This wasn't uncommon kids would go out for late-night walks and go play in the woods, and lots of people getting off of work would go out at this time. But, as you lay on the soft fabric of your blanket, the voices grew closer. Normally, no one else came out into the field, it was just a field of flowers, nothing special really, but it was a quiet place and the flowers smelled lovely. The steps continued, and you heard two distinct voices, one voice seemed to be coming from a phone so you couldn't really make out any details, and the other was a man's voice, he had a slightly gravely voice and sounded annoyed with the other person.

     " What do you mean, " Just stay there for the night"," You could practically hear the anger dripping from his voice, " I'm in the middle of a freaking field! Where am I supposed to stay!?" He was yelling now, and his steps made it sound like he was pacing right next to you. Had he really not seen you yet, or did he really not care if other people knew what he was up to? Moving was out of the question at this point, maybe he'd just walk back to the road, and you could go back to watching the stars. But as you waited for the man to leave, he stopped, whispered something into his phone, and hung up. Silence loomed over the two of you, and you heard him step towards you, " You enjoying my conversation, Doll?" He glared down at you, his piercing turquoise eyes, seemingly looking through you.

     " Ohh! I'm sorry!" You sat up, trying to seem less vulnerable, but only managing to hit your head against his, " Owww, okay I really am sorry now, are you okay?"

     He put a hand to his nose, screwing his face up in pain, " God! You tryin' to break my nose, Sweet Heart?!"

     He straightened and took a step back, as you stood to face him, an apology already on your lips, " I really didn't mean to listen in on your conversation, I just happened to be here, and you were talking kinda loud," Looking up at him, you remembered you had also injured this guy you just met, who was, pretty good looking now that you could really see him, " I'm also sorry for hurting you, I didn't mean to, and I'll help you with it if you need."

     Finally, after an awkward stretch of time, he moved his hand away from his face long enough to respond, " I'll be fine, but I have to know if you overheard anything that I and my... associate were discussing."

     He stared at you intensely, making you fidget a little, " I don't think I heard anything important, just that you're annoyed that you're here, and you were yelling," Seeing his skepticism, you scrambled for something else to say, " I swear, I didn't hear anything else! Why wouldn't I tell you, I just met you?!" He seemed to back down a little after that.

     " Well, I guess in that case... could you recommend a place to stay here, as you heard, I'll be stuck here for a while," As he locked eyes with you, you considered if there were any places to recommend. It was a fairly small town, and recently a lot of places had been forced to close their doors.

     " Uuummm.... I don't know if there is anywhere to recommend," He regained his skeptical glare, but this time you were a little more used to it, " No, I'm serious, this is already a small town, I'm just staying here to tie up some loose ends after my parents passed, but most of the places I could have recommended, closed in the past couple years," Glancing down you sighed, " My hometown is falling apart, and I doubt it'll be able to make it through the next couple years."

     He seemed to gain a little sympathy for you, but not much, he had clearly seen worse, " Welllll, would you mind if I stayed with you then?"

     You looked up surprised, " I don't even know your name, and I'm gonna be honest here, you don't seem to be the most....." Struggling to find a way to put trustworthy into less insulting words you paused, and he rolled his eyes, " uhh.... Upstanding... person.."

     He fixed you with an incredulous stare, " Well thanks a lot Doll, you seem lovely too," His sarcasm was palpable and you smirked, rolling your eyes, " But, if it's my name you need, it's Dabi. Now, how bout'cha tell me your name Kitten."

     You were still smirking, and you decided what could be the worst to come of telling him your name, it's not like you were a particularly important person anyways, " Well I'm (y/n), and it's nice to meet you Dabi," You started gathering up your blanket, and turned to look at him, meeting his ice-blue eyes and smiling, " I guess you can stay for the night, I can set up the extra room but it'll take a second."

    As you stood back up and walked back toward the road, Dabi trailed behind you, " So you're okay with me staying with you?" He seemed a little hesitant, or maybe embarrassed?

     " Uhhh, yeah??" You put one eyebrow up, and turned to face him, walking backward, " Why wouldn't I be??"

     Dabi smiled, looking like at you like you were missing something superbly obvious, " Welll.... I am a stranger you met in a field, while I was yelling at someone on the phone. And, as you already said, I don't quite look like the most trustworthy person to have around," You laughed, and he looked at you, a little insulted.

     " Ohh, sorry, I just think it's kinda funny that you think I wouldn't help someone who needed help," Smiling brightly you waited for him to catch up a bit, and kept a conversation going the whole time you were walking back to your parent's old house. You both made each other laugh in turn, and once you arrived you weren't really ready to be done talking.

     " Here lemme' go set up the room for you," You said as you opened the door, and walked down the hall, " Make yourself comfortable!"

     Dabi looked around as you walked out of the room, and sat down on one of the old couches. It was patterned in faded stripes and flowers, " Well gee Doll," His eyes wandered around the room over the kitschy decorations, and ratty wallpaper, " Your parents had quite the taste in decorations."

     After about a minute of waiting, he walked down the hall where you had gone, " You know, I could really just sleep on the couch if you wanted Kitty," Dabi walked into the doorway, as you looked up at him he smirked, " Or I could just sleep with you."

     Even though you knew he was joking, a blush spread across your cheeks, as he walked over, " Well, whatever you wanna do's good with me," Dabi continued to walk towards you, and you glanced away.

     Reaching out, he grabbed your chin, bringing your gaze to his, " Sure about that Kitten?" Dabi smirked, " Cause I'm sure I could think of plenty of things to do with you Sweet Heart." His bright eyes seemed to see through you, and you were frozen.

     " I-iii... uhhhh," You were blushing even brighter than before and Dabi seemed to be enjoying your flustered expression. He pulled you closer, and kissed you, letting everything last as long as it could.

     Finally pulling away, he pulled you up to your feet, " Come on Kitty, I think I'll be stuck here for a while anyway," Dabi stared down at you lustfully, " might as well have some fun while I'm here."