Chapter One

The pounding on the wooden door echoed through the Hazel eyed boy's room. "Dan, get up!" The pounding continued waking Dan from his slumber. He whined "ugh PJ, why are you here," Dan twisted to his bedside table "at 7:30 in the morning?" Dan stirred in his bed. "It's the first day of senior year! Come on, get dressed we got to go!" PJ exclaimed with sparks of excitement in his voice. Dan sighed before rolling out of his bed. He quickly changed into his causal pure black outfit.

Sighing Dan grabbed his backpack before opening his bedroom door. "PJ, what are you doing here?" Dan asked rubbing his eyes. "It's almost time for school! I figured I'd come pick you up!" PJ threw his arm around Dan "if we leave now we can grab tea and coffee on the way to school!" PJ dragged Dan out of his house.

"PJ why are you so excited?" Dan asked tired still "it's our senior year, the time we can come back and shine." Dan shook his head still his enthusiastic friend as they walked to PJ's car. "PJ, you and I both know we only have each other as friends" Dan spoke glumly as he buckled his seatbelt after he got in.

PJ nodded lightly "yes, but we still have time to make friends" PJ replied cheerful turning to Dan as he stuck the key in the ignition. The car roared to life as PJ buckled up. "Now, coffee, or tea?" PJ asked pulling out of the driveway.