Chapter Thirty-Three

"So where does this lead us?" Phil asked giggling like a child. "Wherever the future takes us. But until then come with me" Dan pulled Phil up out of his seat.

"Dan where are we going?" Phil asked as Dan ran to the living room. "Its a surprise!" He muttered overly excited. "PJ, Sophie, Chris. Would you guys like to go on an adventure?" Dan asked with a smile on his face. "It'll be worth it!" Dan sang out.

The three stopped playing animal crossing and all nodded. "Sure" the three rose to their feet before they followed Dan and Phil out of the house and into the forest.

"What is happening?" Chris asked looking around the forest. "It's alright follow me" Dan motioned the boys and Sophie to continue following him. He lead them to a tree house. "Here we are" Dan let go of Phil's hand "welcome to the hide away!" Phil looked at it in awe while the other three fell awestruck.

"Dan how did you?" PJ was speechless "it wasn't my idea PJ. Do you remember the first day of ninth grade and the walks we would always take during the night. You were the one that found this place and you promised me that once we got more friends we would invite them here." Dan reminded PJ who flushed a rosy pink. "You remember that?" He looked down and giggled "how could I forget PJ, we've known each other since we were seven." Dan giggled running to hug PJ.

*ignore the title, this is the tree house*

"Well what are we waiting for? You guys got friends and you took us to this palace of a tree house!" Chris exclaimed running over the wooden bridge and up the ladder. Everyone followed in suit giggling. Dan was finally able to smile knowing that he was no longer alone nor was he afraid of his feelings. He now had not only PJ as a best friend but Phil who was his best friend and so much more to Dan, platonic or not. Dan had Chris who sure he wasn't close to but still could make Dan laugh and lastly Sophie who made Dan feel less anti-social.