Chapter Twenty-One

"I can't believe you're pinning this on me hanging out with Phil!" Dan shouted at PJ.

"Of course I am, why won't you trust me? I'm you're best friend, that's what we've been since we were seven. What changed?" PJ asked his voice low. "You never hang out with me cause you're always trying to woo Sophie!" Dan shouted throwing his hands in the air.

"As if you aren't doing that exact thing with Phil?" PJ stood upset imaginary steam blowing from his ears.

"What Phil and I have is nothing like that. We have a special bond with each other okay? Is that what you wanted to hear me say?"

"What type of special bond?" PJ asked smirking.

"What does it matter okay! Why is what Phil and I do anyone's business but ours?" Dan walked passed PJ shaking his head.

"And what about you and Sophie?" Dan butted in smirking in satisfactory of annoying PJ.

"Why should I talk about the two of us when you won't admit you like Phil?" PJ crossed his arms turning towards Dan.

That set Dan over the edge "what if I didn't want to?" Dan growled turning PJ's way.

PJ giggled "So you two are a things?" PJ asked.

"PJ you jerk! What does it matter if I like him or not? Why would you care? You have Sophie. And you know for the first time I feel like I have an actual friend okay!" Dan gathered Phil in his arms, unlocked his door and ran inside locking it behind him.

Dan walked up the stairs to his apartment and unlocked the door before setting Phil on the couch running to retrieve blankets. "I hope I don't ruin what we have" Dan frowned covering Phil up with a blanket.

Phil twitched and slowly opened his eyes. "You could never Dan" Phil sat crisscross tapping the seat next to him. "I just don't know what this is. What we are?" Dan asked shaking his head as he sat down. "What are you comfortable with?" Phil asked making Dan slump his shoulders. "Phil this feels complicated... I don't know what feels real anymore." Dan starred at his blank white wall of his living room. Phil looked down.

Nodding as he removed the blanket. He looked down and saw he was wearing Dan's sweatshirt. "Do you- do you want this back?" Phil asked grabbing st the sweatshirt. Dan shook his head "keep it, you were cold in the cafeteria so I let you wear it." Phil nodded and starred at the blank wall as well.