Chapter Nine

The rest of the day had sped by, soon enough it was lunchtime. Once the third hour bell rang Dan pulled PJ out of his seat and the pair ran out of the class and through the crowd. The boys ran through the crowd and made their way into the semi-empty lunchroom. They headed toward the back of the lunchroom setting their stuff down, before sitting down themselves. Both pulled out their lunches PJ giggled as he pulled out his Ziploc of vegetable pizza. Dan pulled out pizza as well. "PJ? Did you pack me pizza?" Dan asked holding up another piece of the vegetable pizza. "Yeah" he giggled turning to see Phil, Chris, and Sophie. "Hi!" Phil smiled as his eyes lit up. Dan patted the seat next to him "you can sit here" Dan spoke still giggly about his pizza. Sophie plopped down next to PJ and Chris next to Phil.

"Hi PJ" Sophie greeted smiling at him. "P-pizza?" He asked holding up two slices of the pizza he made the night before. "Sure" Sophie nodded grabbing a slice from him "thank you" she critiqued the homemade pizza. "I'd give this a ten out of ten" she replied facing PJ with a giggle.

"So how are everyone's classes?" Dan asked looking at PJ who was avoiding eye contact to keep from being a mess.  Everyone muttered with a "good", or "great." Dan nodded before turning back to his lunch. No one talked much the rest of lunch.