Chapter Thirty-Two

Phil woke up like an hour later to Dan sitting next to him. "Where's?" Phil rubbed his eyes "PJ is with Sophie and Chris. I'm sorry for running off." Dan frowned looking at Phil. "Don't be it's alright." Phil nodded and smiled at Dan. "Are you sure?" Dan asked apprehensive.

"Yes," Phil turned towards Dan he pointed to Dan's hand "may I?" Phil asked pointed to Dan's hand. Dan nodded still unsure "okay" he let Phil take his hand. Phil sandwiched Dan's hand in both his own. "Listen Dan, I did research like months ago and I came across this thing. Its like pottery in a way but it's a Japanese term, kintsugi, or in simpler words the art of creating something beautiful from being broken. Usually its on stuff like vases but I feel like you relate to this in a way. You feel scared to let others define you... right?" Phil asked glancing at Dan. "Yeah" Dan breathed out. "Just like kintsugi, you Dan are à work of art to me. Maybe you don't feel like it maybe you might relate to it with feeling like you're broken but even with your flaws I see the beauty in you I-"  Dan took a leap of courage smiling as he took his other hand laying it on Phil's.

Dan leaned into Phil their noses touching as Dan kissed Phil slowly but deeply letting his emotions melt into the kiss.

"Thank you" Dan breathed pulling back smiling at Phil.