Chapter Thirty-Four

Dan looked around at his new friends. Everyone was laughing and getting along and that felt like one of the best things ever, well that and how close he had gotten to Phil. Dan smiled as he looked at Phil "what are you daydreaming about Dan?" Phil asked turning his attention towards the other boy.

"Everything just... It feels so perfect to me." Dan smiled before continuing "before I met you and Chris, and Sophie, my life felt a bit lonely and now that I have all of you guys I'm thankful. You guys have become like a family to me to be honest. You don't know how happy I am to have you by my side Phil whatever happens you just stay and I can't thank you enough. I'm excited for the future and what it will hold." Dan hugged Phil causing Phil to nod and giggle "I love helping you out" Phil spoke sincere.

"Now enough sappy stuff. Here's to our senior year and the memories that we will bring and that are to come. Anyone else want to speak?" Dan asked looking at his friends.

"I will!" PJ grinned running over to Dan. "I just want to say that I can't believe that it's senior year. The last time we get to experience being a child a teen rather. Now I've known Dan since we were little and yes I love him like a best friend but at times I wished I would have had other friends to. One day when I was walking through the forest I found this place and I joked with Dan that if we ever found friends it would become our tree house. I didn't think that joke would become a reality but I'm really happy it did." PJ smiled before returning over to Sophie and Chris.

"Me next!" Phil jumped up "I'm so glad to have found friends that I can call my family and that I can call the best. To everyone in this tree house you all may have different reasons why we're friends but mine are just that I don't have a reason," Phil giggled before continuing.

"Before I met all of you I never had a true actual friend that I kept in contact with, but now, I have Dan who I love as my very best friend and who knows more maybe. PJ, you are my therapist that can give me advice and you're a good one too an even better friend as well. Sophie, you make it so I can go on with the day and give ne the cold hard truth of things rather than sugarcoating them. And Chris, you are a cool person, I still don't really understand you but it's alright because your still my friend. You all are and always will be. So let's raise our imaginary glasses and drink to this breathtaking toast, yeah?"

Everyone giggled before holding up imaginary glasses making a clink sound. "To the tree house friends!" Everyone cheered the smiles never leaving their faces.