Chapter Two

"PJ?" Dan asked averting his eyes from the window to his friend. "What happens if no one likes us?" Dan asked as his gaze fell to window beside him. "We'll still have each other, and I don't think we'll be friendless" PJ spoke up as he pulled up to the parking lot of a coffee shop. "Come on let's go get a drink" PJ offered Dan a warm smile.

Nodding Dan left the car following PJ into the shop. The wooden door jingled when PJ pulled it open letting Dan go first. Both boys walked up to the large marble countertop. "Hi, how may I help you boys?" A taller male the size of Dan and PJ smiled. "One Carmel moccioto and a tea please" Dan spoke softly as he smiled at the worker. "Coming right up" the worker ran off to gather the drinks as Dan turned to PJ.

"PJ?" He snapped his fingers in front of the dazed boy. "PJ!" Dan shouted shaking his friend. After another failed attempt Dan shifted his eyes to where PJ set his gaze. "Here's your drinks! Thank you for coming!" The worker spoke excited handing the coffees off. "Thank you" Dan smiled showing off his dimples.

PJ nodded profusely "si" he replied before his eyes widened. "Bye" Dan apologized quickly pulling PJ back to his car. "PJ! What happened in there?" Dan asked sipping his coffee as he eyed PJ cautiously. "N-nothing" PJ muttered looking out at the road as he pulled out of the parking lot. Dan decided to let the subject go as he sipped his coffee again looking out at the road.