Chapter Eighteen

PJ called Dan to tell him he was driving back to the school to get him and Phil. The call went to voicemail and PJ nodded to himself "he's probably busy" he brushed off his anxiety as he drove out of Chris's driveway. He drove to the school in about fifteen minutes, stopping to grab a few things at the store before he parked in the school parking lot. He looked at the brick building and pondered "where is Dan?" He asked himself as he opened a door to the school walking through the empty narrow eerily silent halls. "Maybe the lunch room?" He asked himself as he let his foot falls vanish in the hall as he walked to the lunch room. At first sight he saw no one and decided to turn back. That's until he heard someone talking, so he looked over the counter to see Dan sleeping curled up into himself protected by Phil who had his head laid on Dan's shoulder, the two slept only mumbling every so often.

PJ rubbed his eyes as he approached Dan and Phil. "Oh Dan" he sighed looking at his friend. PJ ran his line of sight over Phil "What happened here?" PJ quietly pondered as he sat in the opposite corner of his friends. He sat and waited until the two woke up.

"Life is not all it seems..." Dan shrugged giggling in his sleep. PJ's eyes flew open "who is sleep talking?" He looked between Dan and Phil who were currently pushing each other, still asleep. "You're my friend!" Dan argued "no you're my best friend" Phil mumbled. "You're mine too" Dan smiled content with the answer before slumping on the floor.