Chapter 3

Arosio De Luca

Similar to everyday for the past few years, sleep seemed to avoid me throughout the whole night. My body has gotten used to only a few hours of rest every day but for some reason, last night I was not able to get even one minute of rest. 

Each time my eyes closed, her beautiful fiery red hair appeared in front of me with the image of her fainting in my arms at the hospital. When she whispered 'please' before succumbing to darkness, I felt a tug at my cold heart. I couldn't understand why she felt like a stranger in my arms. 

Granted, I never held my wife throughout our two years of marriage. Hell, we only met less than five times, one of the times being at the courthouse to register our 'marriage' and then we went our separate ways. 

But, the woman who laid helplessly in my arms, seemed so foreign to me. As a Mafia boss, my instincts and recognition skills are well above average. Maybe that's why I keep questioning her real identity. Alejandro ridiculed me after we left the hospital, saying that I was delusional and that she looked identical to Isabella, apart from her fiery hair which my father-in-law explained she had dyed in Paris. 

"Mr. De Luca, they have arrived," my personal mansion's head butler, Frederick, informed me as I went downstairs for breakfast. 

"Alright," I replied stoically before heading outside, which made the staff confused since I never skipped breakfast. Everything done in my house held a strict routine, something my family instilled into me as a child.

But right now, I couldn't care less about following my routine.For some reason, I was itching to see her again. The thought of eating breakfast while Alejandro escorted her inside my home didn't sit well with me. 

What the fuck? Since when was I possessive of her?

Exiting the front door, I saw Alejandro pulling up my long driveway with a confused expression on his face. I narrowed my eyes at him as he parked and exited the car before looking at the back window and noticing her sleeping. 

Alejandro was about to open the door but I pushed him aside and did it myself. He looked at me surprised but I simply ignored him before gathering the woman into my arms. She snuggled closer into my chest, making a small smile appear on my face. This seemed to confuse Alejandro even more as he opened his mouth to say something but I sent him a glare, effectively shutting him up. I didn't want him to wake her up. 

Wait, since when did I give a fuck about her?

Shaking my head, I began to take a couple steps towards the front door but froze when I felt her stirring awake. Bending down, I whispered into her ear to go back to sleep and smirked when she obediently nodded her sleepy head before snuggling into my warmth. 

"What the hell..." Alejandro mumbled as he followed us into my bedroom where I laid her down to rest. I had never allowed any woman into my bedroom so I could understand his confusion. But I couldn't help it, I was so drawn to this mysterious woman and wanted her to lay down on my bed. 

My hand subconsciously caressed the top of her soft hair and frowned when I felt a swollen bump on the back of her head. It didn't seem like a bump from a car accident like her father insisted but rather, it seems as though someone smashed a gun at the back of her head.

"Let's go," I stated coldly towards Alejandro and he seemed to notice the shift in my mood since he quietly followed me out of the room and towards my office. 

"Report," I ordered without looking at Alejandro. I sat in my chair and he stood in front of my desk as he began to inform me of every single detail he noticed throughout the car ride. Giovanni, my third in command and best friend, entered the room as well and began to listen to our conversation.