Chapter 32

Katerina De Luca

"Do you, Arosio De Luca, take Katerina Avery as your lawfully wedded wife?" the catholic priest questioned as Arosio stood in front of me, looking dangerously handsome in his black and white tuxedo. As soon as I confessed my feelings to Arosio on his private jet, we returned back home and decided to have our wedding that week.

The priests words tore me out of my thoughts as I heard him address me as 'Avery', making my brows furrow in confusion. Arosio caught that action and simply smirked at me as if he knew something that I didn't.

"Yes, for eternity," Arosio stated within seconds, a rare breathtaking smile on his face as he held my hands tightly in his. Little Elijah stood beside me, clinging onto the white material of my wedding gown with a bright smile on his adorable face.

"And do you, Katerina Avery, take Arosio De Luca, as your lawfully wedded husband?" I could feel everyone's eyes on me as I remained silent for a few seconds. Not because I don't want to, but because something felt like it was missing. Hearing the priest call me Avery made me miss my maternal grandparents even more.

It was a small intimate wedding, Arosio's family, and my two best friends, Ethan and Rylan were present. At first, Arosio refused to allow Ethan and Rylan to come due to his jealous nature but I managed to persuade him. Arosio's family wanted to have a grand wedding but I preferred  something small and simple.

I wanted my grandparents to come too but they were still in Canada for grandpapa's recovery and grandmama wouldn't return any of my calls. It was Arsenio who walked me down the aisle of the luxurious hall, and even though I am extremely grateful, I still wish I had someone from my family here with me.

"Move, boy! My baby is getting married and I'll be damned if I miss it!" a familiar loud voice suddenly broke through the silent wedding hall as my gaze snapped over to the front entrance.

A gasp escaped my lips before I let go of Arosio's hands and covered my mouth in complete shock. Tears began to pour down my eyes once I witnessed grandpapa sitting in a wheelchair with grandmama pushing him towards us.

"Grandpapa! Grandmama! You...you...you're really here!" I cried out in joy and was about to run to meet them halfway but froze when Arosio held onto my hands once again.

"An early wedding gift for you, tesoro," Arosio smirked devilishly before laying a soft kiss onto the back of my hand. I barely had any time to process what he meant before grandpapa called out to me.

"What, you're not going to greet your grandpapa and grandmama?" grandpapa sulked with a sad expression on his face as they made their way towards us. I instantly ran to him and bent down to hug him tightly. We stayed like that for a few moments, the familiar scent of grandpapa made me feel safe like when I was a child.

Ever so slowly, I let go of grandpapa and reached out eagerly towards grandmama but my arms stopped merely inches away from her when her previous words rang in my ears.

She wouldn't want a curse like me to touch her...

"Oh my sweet, sweet baby," grandmama cried out before taking me by complete surprise and pulling me straight into her warm embrace. Her hands rubbed my back up and down gently and I could feel her hot tears fall on my shoulders.

"Grandmama was wrong, so very wrong. I was so worried about grandpapa and said so many hurtful things to you. Grandmama is so sorry for everything, please forgive me?" my mouth practically hit the floor in shock as I heard grandmama's apology and I couldn't help but cry out even harder.