Chapter 34

Katerina De Luca

'I missed you, la mia bellissima moglie' Arosio's hot breath fanned my ear as he held me close in his strong arms once he returned home and found me in our bedroom. (my beautiful wife)

"Oh really? Then why did you skip dinner? Little Eli kept asking for you, he missed you," I kept my tone hard as I pulled away from him, immediately regretting the action as all of his warmth left my body almost instantly.

But still, I kept a pout on my face and gave him the cold shoulder.

Arosio lifted up a perfectly arched brow before slowly unbuttoning his white dress shirt and taking one step towards me. My gaze narrowed at him as he smirked towards me devilishly, making me instantly take a couple steps back.

"Only our son missed me? What about you, tesoro?" Arosio stated huskily, his gaze darkening with lust and affection which made my cheeks flush red and my heart rate increase tenfold.

"Huh? Me...well...I...I mean..." my nervous rambling was cut short the moment Arosio crashed his warm lips onto mine. His arms snaked its way around my waist and I gasped when he pulled me flush against his hard chest, with something else hard poking into my thigh.

It was a short battle for dominance while he kissed me deeply for several moments, as if he hadn't seen me in days when in reality it had only been a few hours. Before I could even blink, my back hit the soft material of our bed and my eyes slowly opened to face a lovestruck Arosio who held himself above me and just stared down at me with such an intense look for a few moments in complete silence.

"Mia dolce moglie" Arosio whispered with a rare, breathtaking smile on his handsome face. I immediately reddened and couldn't help but turn away from him shyly. (My sweet wife)

"Do not hide from me, ever. Promise, cucciola?" with a firm but gentle grip under my chin, Arosio turned my face to look up at him with his smoldering gaze taking my whole being hostage.

The intensity in his dark gaze is something I have had to learn to get used to but it always manages to make my stomach erupt with thousands of butterflies.

"Promise," I whispered back before leaning up and stunning him by placing a quick kiss onto his lips. His eyes widened in slight shock and the biggest boyish grin overtook his face. He had always been the one to make the first move but it's been a few days since our wedding and I want to show my affection more.

"Again!" he demanded, his gaze darkened when I refused to and I almost laughed out at the small pout that made its way onto his face.

Seriously, the big bad Italian Mafia boss pouting... I wonder what his friends and brothers would say!

"Again or else, I'll have to steal it away from you," he continued in a threatening manner but I simply giggled at his childishness before wrapping my arms around his neck and pulling him down.

"You can't steal what's already yours, Mr. Arosio De Luca," I replied, making him instantly smile again before our lips met in a heated kiss that led to another passionate night.

My body lurched forward as the coach bus I sat in came to a sudden halt, effectively tearing me out of my deep slumber. I don't know when I even fell asleep, all I know is that I had been sleep deprived since I had to keep myself wide awake throughout the train ride, in fear of Saverio D'Amore changing his mind and coming after me.

I still can't understand how that man could kill my father and sister without even blinking.

I know I didn't know them well and that they did horrible things to me, but I couldn't stop the tears once I realized that they were gone from this world forever. I'll never have a chance to fix our broken relationship.