Chapter 12

Katerina Dale 

This cannot be happening.

Why is this happening? What sin have I committed to be enduring this madness?

Standing at the patio door near the pool, all of the De Luca family members except for Elijah, were staring in shock between Isabella and I. There were mixed emotions in everyone's faces, except for Arosio whose darkened gaze had never left my wide, frightened eyes. He looked like he just returned from his long meeting since he was still dressed in his expensive sleek black suit with his dark hair neatly styled back. I could tell that he was already tired and this situation seemed to piss him off further. 

For a few moments, everything remained completely silent. I wasn't sure what the hell I should say and Isabella looked shell shocked as soon as she heard Arosio's angered voice so she stood there simply staring at everyone with her mouth agape. I wanted to walk up to her and shake her like hell since it was her fault all of this was happening.

"What is going on?" Arsenio's deep voice boomed as he didn't bother to hide the annoyance in his voice. I wasn't sure if it was because we were cutting into their dinner time or if it was because he was enraged at the surprise appearance of two Dale sisters.

"I apologize pa--SIR! I apologize, Sir. My name is Katerina Dale, I am Isabella's younger twin sister," my eyes remained on the ground as I refused to look into the older man's dark eyes while lying to him and pretending as if I hadn't stayed in his home for two days. I almost called him Papa and silently cursed myself for making such an error.

"Sister?" Arsenio questioned as he looked between the two of us. There was something hidden in his sinister gaze, a form of amusement and I saw the same in Arosio's darkened gaze and his two brother's gazes. 

I wish I could dig a hole and bury myself right now. Isabella still remained silent as if she was too afraid to speak and offend the powerful Mafia family. My gaze slowly lifted towards the De Luca family but I found myself staring at the floor when I saw Arosio's dark gaze still narrowed at me. He looked like he wanted to bury me alive, making my heart race and tears gather in my eyes under the terrifying pressure he was releasing into the air. I willed my heart to function normally and not give me a heart attack before I replied.

"Yes...Sir. I apologize for visiting without prior notice. I had not seen my sister in a few weeks so I came to visit her. I was just about to take my leave, have a lovely evening," I rushed out before swiftly turning around and was about to run towards the back gate when Adriano and Alanzo's voices pierced through the air.

"Sembra che la puttana sia tornata. Fratello, la tua coniglietta sta cercando di scappare, ha persino cambiato i suoi vestiti. Ti ha persino tolto l'anello," Adriano mused aloud in his infuriating Italian and I instantly froze when Arosio's expression darkened even further before he took a step in my direction, making me take several steps away as I averted his furious gaze and hid my left hand when he stared at it. (Looks like the whore is back. Brother, your bunny is trying to escape from you, she even changed her clothes. She also took off your ring as well,)

"Quanto può essere sfacciata quella puttana? Pensa davvero di poter ingannare la nostra famiglia nel crederle? La nostra principessa è troppo innocente e pura rispetto a lei," Alanzo spoke with a mischievous glance as he looked towards me just like the rest of his family. (How shameless can that whore be? She really thinks she can fool our family into believing her? Our princess is far too innocent and pure compared to her)

I felt my heart sink down to my stomach as the thought of them knowing that Isabella was not me crossed my mind. Unconsciously, I began to take a few more steps away from them with my eyes darting backwards towards the gate where the car leading to my freedom was waiting. Suddenly, the patio door opened again and a light pair of feet came running towards us.