Chapter 25

Katerina De Luca

Silently, I trailed behind the maid, whose name I learnt is Merla, as my eyes wandered around the surroundings on the fourth floor of Arosio's villa. Apparently, Merla was escorting me to the fifth floor which is where the master bedroom is but I need to make the drink first or else the plan will be ruined. 

Nervously chewing my bottom lip, I slowed my steps as we passed by the luxurious main kitchen located right beside the staircase and elevator. I can't believe this man has an elevator in his villa but I didn't have enough time to ponder on that as my footsteps came to a complete halt beside the kitchen's island. Merla was a few steps ahead of me, right beside the elevator and turned to look back at me curiously. 

"Ah...I am a bit hungry! I'll stay here for a bit to make a late night snack, you can leave, thank you" I let out an awkward laugh in between my nervous rambling and noticed the older woman's hesitation. 

"Mr. De Luca has been waiting for you in the master bedroom. He has personally prepared a bath for you with lavender flowers. You may go on ahead, I will call the chefs to prepare a snack and have it brought up to you," Merla stated before taking out her cellphone but froze when I screamed aloud in protest. 

"NO! Uh...I mean... that's not necessary, it is so late in the evening, there is no need to disturb the chefs while they sleep. I will make the snack myself," my widened eyes bore into hers while silently praying for her to agree but she seemed quite reluctant to leave me alone. 

Maybe Arosio warned all of his staff members about me? As far as I knew, Arosio valued privacy and did not like keeping his staff in his home overnight nor did he like having too many workers. But this villa is filled with guards and maids everywhere, it's as though he wanted to have extra eyes watching my every move.

 That sly bastard! 

"Merla, can you please inform Arosio that I will be here in the kitchen and tell him that I want him to join me for a late night snack?" I interjected softly when the older maid remained completely silent after my last remark. 

"Of course, Mrs. De Luca," she smiled at me thoughtfully once I mentioned Arosio and stepped into the elevator. As soon as the doors closed, I let out a breath of relief and my tired body slumped against the kitchen island. 

Not sure how many minutes passed by,  but I just stood there silently trying to focus on regulating my rapid heartbeats and breaths that came out too fast. I would be lying if I said that I wasn't utterly petrified about this plan of drugging the one and only Italian Mafia boss. 

Thoughts of Arosio's angered expression and possible sinister punishments kept replaying in my mind and I began to feel a bit lightheaded. Tightening my grip on the edge of the countertop, I tried to stabilize my footing. 

Enough, Katerina! You need to focus, Arosio will be down here any moment now, you need to make the drink or else all of yours and your best friends efforts will go to waste! 

Nodding to myself, I shuffled around the kitchen and found two crystal clear glasses before I quickly opened the refrigerator and scanned it for a suitable drink. It is now passed midnight so drinking any type of juice might seem odd to Arosio, alcohol is out of the question since I am a lightweight and Arosio wouldn't let me drink anyway. I desperately scanned the refrigerator up and down before my eyes finally landed on a suitable item. 

Pouring it into the two glasses, I pretended to drop the bottle cap on the floor before bending down hunched over and slipping the pill bottle out of my bra. I wasn't sure if anyone was watching the security cameras that are all over the villa so I needed to be extra careful!