Chapter 31

Katerina De Luca

"We're...we're having a baby girl? My babygirl?" Arosio finally lifted his dark gaze up to meet mine but this time, I almost fell back in shock. His hand slowly reached out to caress my growing bump before a beautiful smile lit up on his handsome face.

I had predicted almost all of his reactions but I never thought he would cry. Never in a million years did I picture this monster crying over this fake gift I made him. I will never give my innocent baby his name but I had to come up with something convincing to get his mind away from thoughts of me running away.

"Um...yes... we are having a girl," I smiled at him sweetly and yelped in surprise when Arosio suddenly cheered loudly before lifting me up into his arms and twirling us around.

"YES! YES! YES! WE ARE HAVING A GIRL, MY PRINCESS AND MY QUEEN! GRAZIE DIO!" Arosio continued to cheer happily as I held onto him tightly and couldn't stop the giggles from escaping my lips. Arosio slowly placed me back down onto my own two feet before pulling me into a long, passionate kiss. (Thank you God)

For some reason, I didn't want to push him away this time. I had initially predicted his reaction as being mediocre. I never expected him to be this happy over such a small gift from me. I could feel my heart slowly melting before I quickly shook my head and reminded myself that he is a monster.

"Thank you so much tesoro, this is the best birthday gift I have ever received in my whole life. Thank you for completing our family and thank you for loving us. I promise to take care of you, our little prince Eli and our little princess Ariana for the rest of eternity," Arosio promised as his hand rested on my protruding stomach before I nodded at him with a beaming smile. 

"But please keep this a secret! I planned to reveal this to everyone in Italy tomorrow but since I won't be flying with you all, I will have to reveal it in Italy the day after tomorrow! You need to pretend not to know anything when you fly with everyone tonight, promise?" I ordered playfully and internally sighed when Arosio stiffened again since I mentioned him flying without me.

"I really don't want to leave you and our principessa alone, cucciola" Arosio stated dejectedly before I held his face in my hands and kissed him once more.

"I know, Arosio but they need you in Italy and I don't want anyone blaming me nor our baby for you not being there and helping them. I will fly with Nonno in the morning, okay?" I whispered and held my breath as Arosio remained perfectly silent before slowly nodding his head in agreement.

Grazie Dio! (Thank you God!)

***

No matter how hard I tried, I couldn't stop the tears from flowing down my cheeks. I had said goodbye to everyone and they left to the airport where the De Luca private jet is, except for little Eli and Arosio who wanted to spend a bit more time with me before leaving. 

Arosio is currently downstairs with all of the staff and Nonno, probably threatening them to take extra care of me for tonight. But that's not why I am crying, the reason is because just like every good story, I coincidentally left the hardest goodbye for last.

"My little prince, come here please," I whispered through tears after closing the bedroom door and held my hands out to Elijah. He quickly ran towards me and outstretched his tiny arms around my stomach.

"My Eli, do you remember when mommy told you that she will need to leave soon?" I whispered before quickly wiping my tears and bent down so that I was eye level with Elijah.

"Yes, I remember mommy said that she needs to leave with princess soon and that you love me and will come back as soon as you can," Elijah repeated cheerfully but his emerald green eyes began to water, making my heart instantly shatter.