Utter Fear

After the golden trio had completed their research, as to find no success, yet again, they trotted back up to the Gryffindor common room, complaining most of the way.  Well, Ron and Hermione did at least.  Harry stayed silent most of the time however. 

That really worried Ron.  What was going on with his best mate?  He needed to find out.  He had to help Harry. 

Ron plopped down onto the large, red couch in the center of the common room, sighing in frustration.  They still hadn't managed to find any information on Nicolas Flamel, and his best mate was obviously hiding something. 

Hermione took a seat next to him, frowning as she did so.  "I wonder if- no, we've already checked that section!" She grunted, rolling her eyes.

Ron frowned, turning his gaze to Harry, who was standing next to the fireplace, looking nervously at his friends. What was wrong with him?

"Harry..?" Ron said slowly, eyeing the boy suspiciously. He seemed to be rather absent minded at the moment, but Ron's words immediately shook him back to reality. 

"Y-yeah, Ron?  What is it?" Harry perked up, looking down at Ron from his spot by the fireplace. 

There was an expression on the boy's face that made Ron feel sick.  It was utter fear.  He knew that Hermione saw it too.