| Chapter 3 |

~Katie~

It's 3 days before Christmas, which means my family's gathering is tomorrow, and the Stolls' are on Christmas Eve. Then it'll be Christmas day. Ugh. 

I've just finished packing when I hear a knock at the door. 

"Hey, Katie-Kat!" Travis grins his usual mischievous smile. "Ready to go?" 

I glare at him. "I'll get my stuff." 

See, I live three hours away from camp, and Travis lives an hour away from my house. So basically, Travis and Connor are going to drive me to my house, since that's where the gathering is, and then they'll go up to their house for their party, which is on Christmas, and then they'll pick me up on the way back. 

I grab my luggage and backpack, and throw it in the back of Travis's Honda Civic, which Hermes lent him. Connor decided to take the backseat, and since there's some stuff in the backseat already, I'm forced to take the passenger seat. 

Next to Travis. 

I ignore this fact, and get in the car, facing the window. Travis gets into the car. "Alright, you guys, ready?" No one responds, so he just starts the car. 

I don't say anything for the first hour of the drive, but when Connor finally falls asleep, Travis starts talking. 

"Look, Kates, I--I didn't want what happened to happen. It's--" I cut him off. 

"It wasn't your fault, Trav. It happened, and we're going to have to accept that." Wow. Did I just say that? "I shouldn't have gone over to you that night, but I didn't know who else to go to. I'm sorry." 

He lets out a frustrated yell. "No, Katie-Kat. It was me. I shouldn't have gone over to you in the middle of the night. It's just that--you were screaming, so I decided to just soothe you." 

"So, basically, it's my fault. We've been over this. Just accept the fact that it was me, okay?" I end with a tone that suggests that the conversation is over. 

We end up sitting in the car for another few minutes of silence. Then "i hate you, i love you" comes on the radio. I look over at Travis, who seems to be blushing. 

If we had a song, I think this would be it. I really hate Travis sometimes, but there are times when I want to just reach out and hug him. I look over, and put my hand over Travis's. Why? I don't know. 

He doesn't flinch. We sit there for a while, until Connor wakes up, and I let my hand fly back to my lap, and pretend to be asleep. 

I eventually fall asleep, fading into dreams about me and Travis. I will admit, he appears in my dream frequently. 

I walk through a field of flowers. I'm picking a few flowers when I see a familiar face. 

"Hi, Katie." Travis hands me a bouquet of flowers, and I take them, taking in the scent. Suddenly music starts playing throughout the field, and he holds his hand out. 

"May I?" 

I give him my hand, and we end up dancing in the field. Then he dips me, and leans in...