| Chapter 17 |

~Travis~

I look at Katie, and nod. She sighs, and we get out of the car. 

"So, Connor, what does Mom want to talk to us about?" I ask. 

"I don't know, you guys go in. I'm buying takeout for lunch." 

I blink. "You don't have a license."

"Just go inside. Percy's lending me Blackjack anyway." Just then, a black pegasus swoops in. Connor pats Blackjack's head, and hops on. "Alright, good luck with Mom!" He and Blackjack fly off, leaving me and Katie alone at the front door. 

She looks at me. "Well, we can't avoid Susan forever."

"Alright." I sigh. "Let's head in." 

I open the door, and Katie goes in, followed by me. Mom is sitting on the couch with an unreadable expression, and we go over. 

"Uh, Connor said you wanted to talk to us?" I say. 

"Oh, yeah. Sit down, you two." Katie and I sit down on the couch opposite her. 

Is this how it feels to meet the parents? It wasn't that scary last week when we were fake dating, but since this is real now, I'm kind of scared for Katie. 

I look over at her, and she seems slightly nervous, so reach over and take her hand, and she visibly relaxes. 

Mom eyes us. "Mom, what'd you want to talk to us about?" I ask. 

She holds out her phone. "I saw this video online. Explain." 

I look over, and see the video of the whole incident with Mikaylah. "Uhm, what do you want us to explain?" 

"I want you to explain one thing. Did you mean what you said, Travis?" Schist. Really? Katie already asked me that, and I tried to dodge the question. This is really getting on my nerves. 

"Mom, why-"

"Answer me." She looks at me straight in the eyes, and I know I can't escape this question. 

I look at Katie, who looks stiff. "Yes, I meant what I said. But I didn't know it'd be caught on camera."

"So...you love her?" Mom asks. 

I sigh. "Yes. With every part of my heart, mind, soul, everything." 

"Wow." Katie manages to say. It's the first thing she's said since walking into the house. 

I can tell Mom expects Katie to say something else, and I can tell what she wants Katie to say. Katie seems slightly oblivious to what Mom is hinting to, and fortunately, Katie is spared when Mom's phone goes off. 

"Oh, I have to take this call. You guys can do whatever you want now." She stands up to answer the call, and walks off. 

I turn around to face Katie. "So...that was, uh, weird."

"Yeah, first talk with parents as a real couple." She laughs. "So, what do you want to do now?" 

I think. "Well, we could have a twenty-hour tv show marathon."

"Twenty hours? What show?"

"Victorious. About 60 episodes, 20 minutes or so each." I pause. "Besides, I've never watched it before, and Miranda's mentioned you liking it, and also, there's enough romance in there for you." Katie laughs. 

"Okay, okay, fine. Let's do it." I jump up, and start the first episode. We both sit on the couch, and Katie curls up next to me, and I put my arm around her. 

This is going to be a fun twenty hours. 

544 words. A lot shorter. I had to ad lib this whole chapter, because this was the only little hole in the story, and I've just recently started watching Victorious (I'm on season four and it's been a week), so I just wanted to throw that in there. I kind of realized that Travis and Katie's relationship is kind of like Jade and Beck's: trial and error. So, uh, yeah. I'm also working on another story that needs a part two from yesterday's chapter (which was 3,000 words), so I'm sorry this is a lot shorter than usual. Monday's chapter will be longer. I've got everything planned out, and it hurts to say this, but...

This story is almost over...T-T I originally expected it to have fifteen or so chapters, but now I think it'll have 19 or 20 plus an epilogue, so I hope you guys enjoyed it! Love y'all!

~kat