| Chapter 5 |

~Katie~

"Peter Reid?" I'm at a loss for words. Obviously, I don't like him anymore. But just seeing him again brought back memories of elementary school. "It's been a while." I'm suddenly very aware of my exposed shoulder. I look around, looking for Travis. 

He smiles. "Yeah, it's been a while. You've changed a lot." Peter eyes me. "So, what are you doing here?" 

"Visiting for Christmas. I just decided to go shopping." I hold up my bag. 

"By yourself?" He asks. Oh, no. I've always known Peter liked me back, but was too scared to say anything about it. 

"No, with me." I look up, and Travis is standing there behind Peter, holding a really big Starbucks drink. Peter turns around and sees Travis. "Travis Stoll." Travis holds out his hand. 

Peter shakes it. "Peter Reid." He looks at Travis, who hands me the drink. I take a sip, and watch the silent standoff between Peter and Travis. 

They're dumb. 

Suddenly Travis looks at his watch. "Oh, Katie-Kat, we should go get lunch now. It's past noon, and you haven't really eaten much this morning." 

"Wait, you guys live together?" Peter asks. 

I shake my head. "No, he's staying over for a few days with me before we go to his place for Christmas." I stand up, and take Travis's hand. "Okay, well, we have to go now. Nice seeing you again, Peter." 

"You too, Katie." Travis and I walk to the food court, and just for show, I look up and kiss his cheek, since I have a feeling Peter is still watching us. 

We buy some food and sit down at a table. "So who was that?" Travis asks, stealing one of my fries. I swat his hand away. 

"Peter Reid." I take a bite of my burger. "He was my childhood crush, you, know, the ones that last like 2 weeks. He was the last guy I liked before I went to camp." 

Travis looks at me. "Oh, wow, Katie Gardner had crushes?" I slap his arm. Then I look around. A girl in the corner looks like she's eyeing Travis down. I clench my fist. 

"Trav." He looks up. "Do something cute." 

"Why?" 

I look over my shoulder. "That girl's eyeing you down." 

"Oh, my Katie-Kat is jealous?" 

"JUST DO IT!" 

"Okay, okay, jeez." He puts his elbow on the table and holds up my chin with a finger. Then he sticks a fry in my mouth. 

I look over, and the girl glares at me and looks away. "Okay, all clear." He lets go of my chin and goes back to eating. Then he steals the Starbucks drink and takes a sip. 

"Hey! There's only one straw!" I protest. 

He winks at me. "Well, how else are people going to believe we're a couple?" 

"You're hopeless." We finish our food and go walk around some more. 

Two hours later, at around 3pm, Travis is holding three bags of stuff I bought, that he insisted on holding. I bought a new dress for Travis's party, and another one just for fun. I bought a pair of shoes as well, and Travis has bought a necklace for me (just for show), and a new jacket. We finally leave the mall after getting everything, and decide to go for a walk at the park.