| Chapter 4 |

~Katie~

I glare at Justin. Just then, everyone comes upstairs to my room. No one says anything for a long time. 

Connor pulling out his camera to take a picture doesn't really help, and neither does Travis pulling me closer. 

I just lay there, unable to move, blushing. "Uh..." 

Then Dad speaks up. "Care to explain, Katie?" He looks at me in the eye, and I suddenly feel my tongue go dry. 

"Well, uhm, Dad-" I start. 

Connor stops me. "Okay, so what really happened is that Travis and Katie are dating." He sticks his tongue out at me, and I glare at him, my cheeks heating up. "And, uh, Katie has nightmares so Travis stays with her sometimes." He winks at me, and I roll my eyes. 

"I KNEW IT!" Susan and Laura scream together. 

There's an awkward silence,with Justin and Connor clearly trying not to laugh. Then Travis wakes up. 

"Morning, Katie-Kat." He kisses my cheek. Wait, he what? He looks up. "Oh, uhm, good morning, Mom, Laura, Justin, Connor, and Tom." He smiles his innocent mischievous grin at them, and finally lets go of me. "So what's with the crowd?" I roll my eyes, and Connor and Justin bust out laughing. The two boys eventually go back to their room, claiming they need to calm down. 

The adults eye us one more time, and leave, walking back downstairs. I turn around and slap Travis's arm. "Really, Stoll? Did you really have to do that?" 

"Do what, Katie-Kat?" He winks. "Kiss your cheek? Pretend to be innocent?" 

"YES!" I throw my hands up in the air and get off my bed, pulling out a hairbrush and stroking it through my hair. Looking in the mirror, I kind of wish I kept it bleached now. "Why would you do that? Especially in front of our parents!" 

He laughs. "Uhm, because I heard Connor saying how we were dating. I decided to play that out. Besides, if we weren't, our parents would get suspicious. And anyway, last night, my mom literally came up to me to ask if we were dating, even though you said you like someone at camp. Also, Connor thinks we're dating and wouldn't stop bothering me about it until I told him we were and made him shut up and not tell anyone, so he believes we're a thing. And don't worry, he hasn't told anyone."

I turn back around. "So what are we going to do now?" 

"It's obvious. We'll pretend until after we go back to camp. Then we can go back to the way we were before." He stands up. "So, you in?" 

I frown. "What's my end of the deal?" 

"Uhm, my mom not bothering you with every boy that comes by, and also your dad and stepmom asking you who the boy you like is?" He sticks his tongue out. 

It's hard to say no to him. Especially when he looks that cut--stupid. "Fine." I look back in the mirror. "I'm gonna take a shower." 

**

When I get back to my room, Travis is already changed. He probably showered, since his hair is slightly damp and dripping. 

I stand in front of my mirror, and put my hair up, and frown. "What?" Travis asks. 

"This is going to sound stupid, but I think I liked my hair better when it was bleached." I blush, and Travis walks over.