| Chapter 15 |

~Katie~

I grit my teeth. Mikaylah's getting closer, and I really don't have a choice, so I just decide to stay put and talk to her. The smirk on her face is so irritating and covered in red lipstick that I just want to wipe it off her face. 

She flips her hair and flashes an annoying white smile at me. I half-smile, half-grimace back at her, turning off my phone, and eyeing my leg where my dagger is strapped to. 

"Katie."

"Mikaylah." I resist the urge to roll my eyes. Where is Travis? Still talking to his friends? 

I turn my extremely divided attention back to Mikaylah. "What do you want, Mikaylah? Another tube of lipstick? Oh wait, you probably used the last two on your lips two minutes ago. Bummer." 

She glares at me. "I'd watch your mouth if I were you."

"Why? I didn't want to come in the first place." I pick at my nails.

At that, Mikaylah sneers. "So Travis forced you to come?"

"Excuse me, I came for him. And besides, I thought it couldn't be that bad. Until you showed up, at least."

"So why did Travis want to come?" I bite my lip.

"He wanted to see old friends, and he wanted to prove that we were both taken." 

Mikaylah laughs. "Are you sure that was the real reason?"

I stop to think. Then I shake my head. "Yes. Why else would he kiss me in the middle of the dance floor?"

"Maybe so he could make you believe that you were the one he loved, but just used it to cover it up."

"What?" I start feeling slightly woozy.

She puts her face closer to mine. I almost gag on the perfume fumes. "He only kissed you to cover up the fact that he kissed me. Why else do you think he's taking so long to get the drinks?"

I shake my head. "No, he would never do that-" My breathing becomes more labored.

"Of course he would! You're the first girl he's ever brought back here to Stonesbridge, and there has to be a reason, right? Maybe it's because he only brought you here to humiliate you." Mikaylah smiles evilly. 

I place my hand on my head. "No, he wouldn't."

"Okay, then why would he date someone like you when he could have me?" I slap Mikaylah across the face, grab my things and run out, tears streaming down my face. 

He wouldn't do that. Right?

All the girls he's dated before me were mostly Aphrodite girls, and if not, they were still prettier than me. So why would he choose me? Definitely humiliation. Ugh!

It's pretty dark out, so I don't see the root sticking out of the grass, and trip over it, landing hard on my ankle. I know it's broken without even so much as a look. My ankle is already at a weird angle, and it hurts so bad. My vision is already starting to have black spots, so I quickly grow out some grass and use my dagger to cut it, and use the grass to set the bone back.