| Chapter 19 |

~Travis~

Throughout the entire two-hour drive, Katie never lets go of my hand. Not even when she falls asleep an hour into it. I sneak glances at her every once in a while, and she looks so cute when she's asleep. 

When we finally get to Times Square, it takes me ten minutes to find a parking spot. Finally, I park the car by a Sephora nearby, and wake up Katie. 

"Katie-Kat. We're here!" She slowly wakes up, and smiles. 

"What time is it?" She asks. 

I look at my watch. "Uh, about eleven fifteen." 

Katie looks at me. "Okay, so like, half an hour of shopping. LET'S GO!" She hops out of the car and grabs her backpack and phone, leaving me laughing while I get out. 

For the next half an hour, Katie takes me to pretty much half the stores along Times Square, and at 11:45, I suggest that we should head over to the center to see better, and she agrees. We end up dropping off Katie's five bags of items (I don't even know what's in there) in my car, and then we head to the center. 

Katie and I somehow get to the almost-front row of the crowd gathering to see Hailee and a whole lot of other people. Finally, the hosts come forward and introduce Hailee, who sings "Rock Bottom," with DNCE. Katie really freaks out when Hailee high fives her, and is currently going live in Instagram, where everyone from camp is watching.

 Little Mix comes on stage to sing "Power" after, and Ruelle sings "War of Hearts", which was so dramatic, I swear Katie was about to scream. 

After Ruelle, there are two minutes until midnight, so everyone prepares to see the ball drop. 

10, 9, 8, 

7, 6, 5, 4, 

3,

2, 

1! 

"HAPPY NEW YEAR!" Everyone screams, as the ball drops. Katie squeals, and I lean down to kiss her, since, it's New Year's. I didn't even know the kiss cam was pointed to us until Katie pointed it out. 

"Kates, we've been through a lot of stuff this year, huh?"

She nods. "Well, more this week than this year." I laugh, put my arm around her, and kiss the top of her head. 

Ariana Grande goes on stage to sing "One Last Time", and is joined by Liz Gillies to sing "Give It Up", and Katie, of course, goes crazy. I look at her one more time, and notice that I haven't seen her real smile before until we started fake dating. And even though the past seven years pranking her have finally paid off, her smile is the only thing that's actually worth it. 

~Katie~

As Rita Ora goes on stage to sing "Your Song", I look over at Travis, and realize something. 

I've spent my whole life feeling insecure, and not knowing who I am. I've been faking my persona all along, and only recently have I learned how to be myself. And all that happened when I was around Travis. I've wasted almost seventeen years trying to be someone I wasn't. Being around Travis has helped me realize that I don't need someone to tell me who I am. It's just me. 

So here and now, I'm making a decision. I'm going to start all over. Starting from right now, starting with Travis. And nothing's going to change that. I can be myself now. I can express myself, do everything I want. Hades, I could even dye my hair more blonde than those Aphrodite girls, and I wouldn't care. But all I care about now is that Travis is with me, and that's all that matters. 

I look up at him. "Travis?"

"Hm?" 

"Can we start all over? It's a new year, and I think we should be able to start over, not as enemies, not as friends, but just as us." 

Travis laughs and kisses the top of my head again. "Of course. If that's what you want, Katie-Kat. I swear, nothing, and no one, will ever come between us." He takes my hand, and I smile, putting my head on his shoulder, as we watch Shawn Mendes sing "if I Can't Have You". 

Around 1, everyone starts leaving, so I drag Travis back to the stores and we end up doing another hour of shopping, since the stores are open until 3. 

After I'm done buying things, Travis and I head back into his car, and I get into the passenger seat. 

"Chiron's not going to kill us for returning at 4 in the morning, right?" I ask as soon as Travis gets into the driver's seat. 

"Hopefully not. But if he does, as long as you're here with me, I'm fine with it." He smiles at me, and hands me a cup of coffee that he bought earlier. We actually have about five cups of coffee here in the car, since we're trying to stay awake the whole ride back. 

"Alright, let's go." He starts the car, and we make our way back to Camp Half-Blood. I play with the "promise" ring Travis gave me, and he notices. 

"You know, you can keep that. That can be a real promise ring. Not a fake one, since we're starting over. It can be a reminder." I nod. 

"Okay. Thanks." I twirl it on my finger, and smile. 

Everything's going to be okay. 

909 words! This is the last chapter of Just Go With It, but there will be an epilogue chapter coming out soon! Thanks to those of you who stuck with this story all the way, and voted on it! So what did you think of this story? I think it's the best I've written so far! Love y'all!

~kat