| Chapter 11 |

~Katie~

I grit my teeth. I don't even hesitate, and run out, and kiss Travis. The girl pouts and runs off. Once she's gone I immediately pull away, unaware that he kissed me back. I blush, and sit back down at the table, drinking the soda. 

Travis looks at me. "Wow, Kates. I had no idea you had that in you." I choke on my soda. 

"Shut up," I manage to say. 

"Alright, let's go in. I think we can start seating now." He takes my hand, and we walk in. We get a seat by the top in the middle. 

I sit down, crossing my right leg over my left leg, and recline back. There are trailers for about half an hour, and finally the movie starts. 

Fifteen minutes into the movie, Travis leans over and whispers to me. "So what was that about earlier, Katie-Kat? Is someone jealous?" 

I glare at him. "It was part of the deal you made with me. I was just helping you save face." I shoot back at him. 

"Sure you were." He laughs quietly and turns back to face the screen. He leaves me in my thoughts. 

Why did I run out? I mean, yeah, I kind of like him--KIND OF. But did I really have to kiss him? I could've just hugged him. So why'd I even bother kissing him? I turn my attention back to the movie, which just so happens to be a romcom about sworn enemies in love. I chose this movie not knowing the synopsis of it, but after this, Travis is going to have so many questions. I sigh, and continue watching. 

I look over at Travis, who is lightly laughing. Trying not to make it look creepy, I just try to focus on his different features. His eyes are blue, but different shades of blue dancing together. His brown curly hair has gold hints in it, and his jawline is extremely well defined, and he's looking back at me. 

Schist. I turn back around and pretend to just be looking around, the tips of my ears red. That was awkward. I reach my hand into the popcorn bucket in between us, and just then, he does too, and our hands brush. Travis looks down at our hands, and takes a handful of popcorn. I roll my eyes and take a handful, eating the popcorn one by one. I try not to look at Travis anymore, sneaking glances occasionally. 

~Travis~

I laugh internally. Katie keeps trying not to make this awkward, but everything she does is awkward. For example: staring at me. That's not as awkward as it is creepy, but it's still awkward, especially when I looked back at her. That was really awkward (im gonna stop using that word now)

But I'm going to admit, after that little incident, I still sneaked a few peeks at her. When she wasn't staring back, of course. I know she's still sneaking peeks every once in a while. 

I'm surprised we haven't looked at each other at the exact same moment yet. I silently pray to Aphrodite. 

Please, please, Lady Aphrodite, let this go well. Please don't make anyone else ruin this, or anything. If you want my love life to be interesting like Percy and Annabeth's, congratulations, you've done it already. But if it's going to be ruined, just know, Piper is going to be mad at you...maybe. 

Katie looks over at me. "What are you doing?" I look at myself. I'm gripping Katie's hand, pretty hard, and my eyes were squeezed shut. I didn't notice until she snapped me out of it.